T W E L V E ~ Surprise Attack

☙☽◯☾❧     

☙☽ Four Years Later ☾❧

"It's not good enough! Do it again!"

"Argh!"

"Where's your head at, Sebastian! Again!"

The punches the boy had at sixteen amazed Valor. They were powerful for someone so young, and even with the Alpha they hurt a bit than they should have.

Valor had taken it upon himself to take up most of his nephew's training; wanting personally to teach Sebastian how to fight, but more how to think. That was always the problem with other wolves, they were so anxious to fight but when it came down to strategizing how to do so, they failed miserably. Usually they ended up with some sort of injury or worse.

There was little doubt the boy was strong, but Valor still needed for Sebastian to be better prepared mentally before his training could be completed. And that wouldn't be for a long time from now. The teenager was, well, a teenager. His mind wandered at times like any others would and Valor had to teach him that when in a war or any battle-like situation, Sebastian had to keep a clear mind to stay focused.

Any little distraction could take him off his game, and that was why the Alpha assigned his nephew so many hours of vigorous training.

Sebastian grunted when he swung at the punching bag, then became frustrated because his uncle was saying how it wasn't good enough. Spinning away from the bag, Sebastian scowled, "This isn't working!" and sat on the floor with his forearms resting on his knees.

He glared at his sweaty reflection in the mirror across the way; a few drops of sweat dripping from the hair falling over his eyes. He'd been at this for hours and still had yet to hear he was improving. Sebastian lifted an arm to wipe at the sweat on his brow, placing his arm back on his knee just as his uncle came to stand beside him. He didn't look up as he should have, wanting to rebel a little as every teenager ought to.

Valor, however, sat beside his nephew in the same posture and sighed out real slow.

"Well... Your temper is improving."

Sebastian rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he clenched and unclenched his fists. They sat in silence for a moment then the teenager frowned that maybe this training was a waste of time, and that the Moon Goddess chose the wrong person to save everyone.

"Sebastian... You can't think that way about yourself. Everyone is meant to be someone. It just so happens that you were meant for something greater than the rest of us because the Moon Goddess saw something in you she couldn't find in others."

The teenager's brows furrowed, turning his head slightly to listen further.

Valor nodded, "Though your parents conceived you, pup, it was really the Moon Goddess who created you. You are a part of her in a way that we, ourselves, are still trying to figure out. You are in the fresh stage of your training. You aren't going to be this great hero overnight."

He raised a hand and placed it on top of the boy's head then made a face and removed it.

"Ew. Sweaty..."

Sebastian chuckled, shaking his head and nudged his uncle with his elbow.

"I know it seems difficult right now," Valor continued, his face serious, "But you have to understand that timing is everything. Things happen for a reason, and whatever we do is part of our Life Path. We are meant to do certain things that we do, but it's up to us to make sure that they are honorable."