T H I R T E E N ~Wolf

☙☽◯☾❧     

The Alpha dropped to his knees, leaning over and was murmuring to his nephew who was cringing and crying out with his head leaned back. Valor shouted for Kosias to step away from his son due to the boy experiencing his first shift. The father's eyes widened, glancing down at his boy in amazement.

"Kosias!" Valor barked, and made his younger brother jump.

The father slowly retracted his arms from around his son, letting Valor be the one to wrap an arm around Sebastian this time. 

As he stood watching the pair on the floor, Kosias could hear footsteps approaching from around the corner. He didn't have to turn to know who it was, but he held up his hand to make the others halt in their step. His wife's frightened voice questioned him, obviously fearful at hearing her son in a pained state.

Kosias swallowed, taking a moment to collect himself before telling the stunned others, "He's shifting."

Valor had, by this time, laid Sebastian on his side; the boy cringing and fidgeting between the pain, and was softly murmuring into the boy's ear. He knew Sebastian was in pain from the resistance he was giving his body, and so the Alpha was trying to relax his nephew as much as possible.

"Don't fight it, pup... Listen to the sound of my voice, Sebastian..."

The teenager's body jerked, his teeth grit tight and his eyes squeezed shut. He leaned back, crying out again but his uncle was still at his ear.

"You can't fight it, Sebastian... You have to let it consume you. I know you're a fighter, pup, but now's not the time. Your resistance is only making it hurt more."

"ARGH!"

The Alpha scowled, licking his lips as he tried to figure out what to tell the boy to keep him from fighting. Sebastian's resistance was prolonging his shift, and with his injury, it wasn't looking good. The boy was losing too much blood.

"Sebastian, if you keep fighting the shift, it'll kill you!"

Valor panicked, leaning away as his nephew threw himself on his back and arched with a painful yell. The Alpha glanced over his shoulder at his brother holding his sobbing wife then looked at Ursula whose green eyes looked lost. She was holding onto one of their youngest children on her hip while the others peered frightfully from behind her.

Valor turned back to Sebastian now on his stomach, his fists clenched by his head that was leaned against the cool wooden floor. He blinked when a strong growl emitted from Sebastian. Valor hadn't ever heard the pup growl that way before; it was slightly scary even for an Alpha like him.

A bone cracking filled the hallway, followed by a few more and Sebastian's face was turned away from the group as he lifted himself into a hunch. His fingers curled against the wooden flooring, the sound of his clothing being ripped at the seams mixed with more bone crackling.

Sebastian's head snapped up, his teeth grit as his normally silver eyes narrowed into a gold hue at the others watching him. Another frightening growl past his lips then turned his hardened gaze onto his uncle. 

The Alpha stared back at his nephew, watching the way Sebastian's head tilted to the side in unison with a bone cracking then the boy shut his eyes, hanging his head with his fists balled up again.

Moments passed with the same sound of the boy shifting, and then Valor leaned back to admire the newly shifted wolf in front of him. His dark, silky fur resembled the boy's hair; sticking up at odd angles from where his shirt and pants used to be, and the wolf's frame was a bit larger for a teenage boy.