F O R T Y - F O U R ~ Before We Meet the Parents

☙☽◯☾❧

Bryce kept glancing in the rear view mirror every so often on the drive to his parents' house. His sister was staring out the window, her brown eyes far off. 

With only Eleni and Bryce knowing how to function a car, Bryce volunteered to drive them all to the Perez Estate since his sister was insistent on being right at Sebastian's side. 

It was a strange moment for the older Perez sibling to see the wide-eyed awe on the Werewolves as they inspected Bryce's car. Bryce felt like he just presented children with chocolate for the first time. 

The "Alpha" as Bryce was getting used to calling him was the first to bolt from the group and circle the old vehicle. The Alpha had startled everyone else with his curious behavior of running over to admire the shape and color. 

Bryce frowned when the Alpha leaned so close to the windows and placed his hands right on the glass. The older man's nose pressed up against the window as he peered inside. Bryce wasn't pleased on having fingerprints on the clean glass. 

But then Micah---the Alpha's son---had followed after his father, also leaning against the glass in the same manner. He grinned as his green eyes glanced at the bewildered Alpha. "It's neat, ain't it!?" 

Bryce shot Sebastian a look, raising a brow. He gestured to the two Werewolves hovering over the car but Sebastian was not paying too much attention to him. The Werewolf was too busy with Bryce's sister. Eleni had been asking if he was sure about this. 

Seeing that Sebastian was busy, Bryce rolled his eyes and sauntered over to his car where now Sebastian's parents had become enthralled with the new contraption.

"Ey, ey, ey!" Bryce frowned, waving off Kosias from climbing onto the hood and making his way to sit on the roof. "This isn't a jungle gym, man!" 

"What's a jungle gym?" The Werewolf's wife asked, her nose scrunched as she was inspecting and then began tinkering with the side mirror---until snapped it off by accident.

Bryce sucked in a breath, eyes wide when Octavia blushed, raising her shoulders and silently offered the broken off mirror to him. 

The older Perez sibling narrowed his eyes, reaching out and took the mirror from the she-wolf. His lip curled as he stared down at it then something from the corner of his eye made Bryce turn. 

"Hey!" Bryce cried, his side mirror forgotten. Now he had to worry about the dents Kosias was trying to put into the roof. The man was bouncing his knees a bit and could hear the rumbling of the metal so he bounced a little more. 

Kosias beamed, looking at Octavia as he chuckled, "It sounds like Valor's stomach! It must be hungry!" 

The Alpha didn't appreciate the comment and now climbed up in one swift motion to wrestle an arm around his brother's neck. Kosias yelped, choking as he tried releasing his older sibling's hold. 

Bryce groaned, shoulders slumped as his brown eyes settled on the dents setting into his car. "Aw, man... That's gonna cost a bitch to fix!"

He let out a long sigh, tearing his gaze from the car to the redhead standing nearby. Bryce noticed how quiet this Werewolf had been since back at the Community in the forest. 

Of all people, Bryce expected for Parker to be the one making a hole in the metal roof of his car but no. No, instead the redhead was standing off to the side, watching the others engage with the interesting vehicle.