F O R T Y - F I V E ~ Meet the Parents PART II

☙☽◯☾❧

Perhaps "All hell broke loose" was a bit more dramatic than intended... My apologies. 

Although, it certainly started out that way. Almost pulled through had it not been for the interference. 

The moment Mr. Perez charged at Sebastian, the Werewolf lowered his chin growling under his breath and had already shoved Eleni behind him. His mate cried out for her father to stop and listen. She was being held now by Octavia. 

"Robert!"  Mrs. Perez's cry was even ignored by her husband. 

Mr. Perez's sight was on Sebastian and nothing was going to get in his way. Well... that is until the man's fist came hurling towards the young man and instead of clocking Sebastian, he had struck his own son.

The father went wide-eyed, startled as Bryce groaned; holding his face and was doubled over. Mr. Perez frowned, blinking at his son before his attention snapped back to the newcomers. 

A young man with flaming red hair had his gaze pinned on Mr. Perez; his chin lowered and lip curled. It might have been the adrenaline running through his veins but Mr. Perez could have sworn he heard... growling? He wasn't certain though the redhead was being held back by a tall blond man who gave an order for the younger to "stand down".

Odd. Very odd.

Mr. Perez breathed hard, turning back to his son and went over to look at Bryce's face as the younger straightened. Bryce frowned, turning his face away when his father reached for it. 

"I'm fine," Bryce grumbled. He let out a long breath through his nose, looking to the group where his sister had paled. Bryce glanced down at her belly which she'd already clutched to. 

With his sister's health being so vital, Bryce turned to his father and spoke before the man could.

"You need to listen, Dad, and listen good." Mr. Perez's brow rose from the tone in his son's voice. He glanced at his wife who had walked over, quietly asking Bryce if he was alright while touching her son's jaw. Bryce frowned more, gently pushing his mother's hands away.

He reminded them that he already said he was fine. He addressed his parents, informing them that there was much to discuss and it was important for his parents to just sit and listen for once. 

Bryce turned his attention to the Hemmingways. Mr. Hemmingway's red face didn't help the appalled look on his face; like he was offended for whatever reason. As for Mrs. Hemmingway, she was scrunching her nose and eyeing Eleni with distaste. Then there was her son, Bryce's supposed best friend, who was looking back and forth between Bryce's sister and Sebastian. 

With his face hurting, Bryce already had a headache. He didn't need to turn that into a migraine with this family here, prodding their noses where it didn't belong. To elevate some tension, Bryce instructed to the Hemmingways that it was best they see themselves out as there was family matters to discuss.

Mr. Hemmingway scoffed, looking to Mr. Perez and questioned, "Are you going to allow your boy to speak to us like this, Robert?" 

He shot Bryce a look who had argued back that this was Bryce's home before Mr. Hemmingway was addressing Mr. Perez again.

"Considering your daughter and my son are engaged, I'd say this requires for us to be here! The ones who should be making their way out are these..." He eyed the newcomers and huffed, "Meager visitors." 

Valor's brow rose at the word 'meager'. The Alpha's gaze locked on the father across from him; his hazel eyes darkened. The Alpha bit back his growl while gritting his teeth prior to addressing Mr. Hemmingway.