T W E N T Y - S I X ~ Watch Your Back

☙☽◯☾❧     

Micah tugged the strap of his backpack more firmly onto his shoulder while grinning up at his cousin that with the frequent visits to the town the past weeks, the younger Were has managed to have caught up in his classes for the next two weeks. He boasted how it was great, for once, to be the one who is looked to for assistance in his group of friends.

The blond shrugged a shoulder as he mentioned that Olivia was slightly annoyed since she is the one who usually helps him in classes. 

"Like I said," Micah beamed, "It's great that for once I get to help her! Though she does tend to threaten me a little more than I am used to."

Sebastian lowered a brow, turning his head to stare at his cousin who glanced back at him before doing a double-take and laughed to ease his cousin's worrisome look. 

"She's just playing, Sebastian!" 

Micah smiled then let it falter a little before scrunching his nose and frowning at the pavement, "I think..."

He bounced back to his peppy mood, telling his cousin all about the ways he's come up with to study better in each class. He explained to Sebastian that each class taught something different, and because of that, Micah had to learn everything a specific way to comprehend the lessons. 

"I would have figured these ways out sooner, you know," Micah chuckled, glancing at Sebastian. "But well... My tutor has been quite busy these past few weeks. She doesn't seem to have any time to tutor me at all between work and attending classes. Her time in between seems to have been taken up by this customer who sits in the ice cream shop."

Micah huffed heavily, "Not that he buys anything anyway..."

Giving Sebastian a pointed look, Micah grinned widely. 

The other, however, let his silver eyes shimmer behind those of his wolf and a low growl rumbled out of him. His lip curled a little while muttering to his cousin, "You had years to spend time with her. Now it's my turn."  

It was so wonderful to see this side to Sebastian. Micah knew that his cousin was protective of everyone due to his title, but also because it was in his nature. So it wasn't surprising to the blond that Sebastian's eagerness to see Eleni was around the clock. He's never smiled as much as he did when he was in the ice cream shop and just watching Eleni serve customers. 

And then there was when Eleni would take her break to sit across from Sebastian to talk about anything she wanted while sharing a small cup of ice cream kisses. Micah noticed that Sebastian was losing himself completely in the college girl. And it gave Micah so much hope for them both when he noticed that Eleni was losing herself just as fast. 

The blond liked to sit across the shop to study for the hours that they'd spend in the town---taking a few breaks to eat the ice cream Eleni would give to him. Other times he'd visit Olivia as he followed her around the town shops for her window shopping. Usually, it was during Eleni's breaks of sitting with his cousin that Micah would take his leave. 

But as he'd sit across the way from the pair, one day, when Olivia texted him that she got caught up in class, Micah let his eyes wander over to where Eleni had just sat down across from Sebastian. The man was sitting patiently, smiling already at the brown eyed girl who tucked her hair behind her ear. 

Sebastian then pushed the book that had been resting in front of him all morning towards her. Eleni stared at it before squealing excitedly and lifting up the book and shaking it at Micah's cousin who laughed at her excitement. She went on to inform the man that it was almost guaranteed that a Jane Austen book was a weakness to a girl who loved to read.