S I X T E E N ~ The Town Visit PART II

☙☽◯☾❧

Parker's brows furrowed as he concentrated on lighting his cigarette, using a hand to keep the light breeze from blowing it out. He tucked his lighter back into his jean jacket's pocket, glancing at his best friend beside him as they walked the long path through the woods.

He pulled the cigarette from his lips, blowing out slow smoke.

"So they finally set you free, huh?"

He took another drag, glancing again at Sebastian looking straight ahead.

They'd been walking for an hour, the woods silent other than a few critters every now and then. It was about a hour and a half walk on the pathway to get to the clearing where the Runners, and those who attended the human school, would sneak into town.

If they had run, they would have gotten there much faster, but because Parker had been dying for a smoke and his current girlfriend hated the smell of it, Sebastian was always for letting his best friend have his affair with the pack in his pocket.

"Yeah... Took some convincing though." Sebastian nodded, frowning as his silver eyes shifted around the woods as a precaution. He was positive that Germaine or Derek was following him and Parker to the town from a safe distance. Even at twenty-six years old, his uncle still had Sebastian babysat.

"Mm. And just how exactly are you planning on ditching the hounds?"

The redhead took another drag of his cigarette before flicking it aside and began reaching into his pocket to grab another one. He, too, could sense they were being followed and by this age was used to his best friend's bodyguards. It was trying to get away from them that consisted of a lot of work.

Sebastian chuckled, grinning as he kept his eyes forward.

"I haven't thought that far ahead."

"Pft! Well think of something, Seb! Otherwise how the hell are we supposed to enjoy ourselves in the town?"

"You've already been to the town, remember?"

Parker sniffed, narrowing his eyes.

"Yeah... But that was, like, your fault because you dared me. And i brought back a pack of smokes to prove i walked all the way the fuck out here to get them!"

Sebastian grinned, remembering the dare from when they were teens and lifted his chin as he stated that he believes Parker cheated and asked one of the Runners to bring him back the pack of smokes. The redhead looked offended; gasping dramatically and placed a hand on his chest daintily.

"Sebastian! I am deeply offended that you would accuse me of doing something so manipulative!"

The dark haired werewolf halted in his step and narrowed his eyes, rolling his head in his friend's direction. Parker stopped too, a cigarette between his lips and his blue eyes wide with his brows raised as his hand was frozen from pulling out his lighter.

Parker tilted his head, smirking in a way that made the short white paper stick in his mouth tilt upward.

"I'm just bullshitting you, i totally cheated that day." He slapped a hand on Sebastian's shoulder and congratulated him on getting to explore the town with his best friend.

Sebastian rolled his eyes, shaking his head lightly as he began to move forward.

Parker pursed his lips after pulling the cigarette from them, and frowned, "So what's new with you and Lady Forstein?"

It was no surprise to Sebastian that Parker didn't like Giselle. He found her superficial and a complete horndog for his best friend. He didn't appreciate that she was constantly going back and forth between Jacob and Sebastian, and it irritated the fuck out of Parker that Sebastian lets it happen. But he could understand why his best friend let himself be used as he was with Giselle. Being the Twilight Savior didn't exactly mean it was a happy ending for him, as it would be for the werewolf species.