F O R T Y - T H R E E ~ Meet the Parents PART I

☙☽◯☾❧

"You do realize you have to tell them... right?" Bryce's brows shot up, craning his neck forward as his sister was looking everywhere but at him.

The older Perez sibling sighed, raking his fingers through the front of his hair. Bryce sat back in his chair, his posture slumped while keeping his attention on Eleni.

Bryce's tone stressed, "It's been over a month, Eleni. Mom and Dad have been leaving voicemails asking about why you haven't been visiting at all."

Eleni rolled her eyes, grumbling that if her brother hadn't gone back into town every two weeks to keep up appearances perhaps Eleni wouldn't have to hear about these voicemails. Her brother retorted that in the middle of the forest was zero reception, ergo, he needed to make his trips back to town.

"I do have a job, you know?" Bryce narrowed his eyes. "Not all of us has a Magical Boss Lady who excuses their employee for missing so God damn much because of a Supernatural pregnancy."

He let his lip curl, pointing an accusing finger at his sister. "And still gets paid! With a bonus!

Eleni rolled her eyes again. She sighed, "If you're that hard up about the whole thing, Bryce, I can just give you the bonus when it comes in."

"That's not the point!" Bryce paused then added a mumbled, "But I'll take it!"

"Ugh!" Eleni threw her hands up in the air, tipping her head back. 

She had been hearing her brother harp about their parents for three weeks! Apparently, they had been wondering why the siblings hadn't been attending the family Brunches with the Hamiltons all of a sudden. 

Though Eleni and her brother enjoyed brunch with their parents, it was really the Hamiltons who were the bigger issue. 

At the moment, the two wealthy families were getting along. Content with one another, albeit the constant prodding of Mr. Hamilton questioning Mr. Perez of "when they become family". The persistence always made Bryce on edge but he was actually glad not to sit for an hour or two through that. Especially with his baby sister who was, well, having a baby herself.

The two siblings knew their parents weren't going to take Eleni's pregnancy very lightly. They would be like most concerned parents, worrying about their child's education being put on hold or how said child would be fending to provide for a baby of their own. 

They also were very aware of the challenge it would be to explain about their grandson being... well... a little different.

Bryce and Eleni already knew what would be assumed the moment their parents saw Eleni's rounding belly. With the time frame of her separation from Sebastian, the parents would realized their daughter was already pregnant. Though she didn't know at the time, Eleni's parents still would not take kindly of their daughter being "abandoned". 

Eleni would have a difficult time convincing her father more than her mother that Sebastian would never abandon her. Especially if Eleni would have known about the baby prior to their breakup. Of course, details would have to be omitted on the "misunderstanding" between Eleni and Sebastian which would be more than difficult to convince Mr. Perez all was well.

Even with such a hard-headed father to deal with that wouldn't be the biggest headache to deal with. 

It would be the Hamiltons making shit hit the fan.

For whatever reason, the Hamiltons really wanted a merger between the two families. Eleni never understood why. 

Sure, her father was good friends with Mr. Hamilton since their college days but that wasn't exactly a golden reason to want Eleni and Peter to get married. The Hamiltons were wealthier than the Perez family which was adding a bigger question mark to why a marriage was needed so badly.