T H I R T Y ~ My Moon, My Soul Mate, My Everything

☙☽R E C A P☾❧ 

"I was just being told by our daughter's new beau," nodding in a confused and scowling Sebastian's direction. "That Sebastian here had a romantic gesture that he wanted for you and I to be a part of. A romantic gesture that he knew would mean the world to our daughter because of family being so important to her."

Ignoring the stunned face from Eleni, Mrs. Perez turned to face her husband, beaming, "You've always been an impatient man, Robert. It's high time that you slow yourself down before you start tripping over how fast you're going!" 

"Franny..." Mr. Perez frowned, giving Sebastian a look. "Are you trying to tell me---"

"Why, yes, dear. Yes, indeed. And it is just like you to ruin a beautiful and thoughtful surprise as just now." Then the woman looked at the young couple suddenly going wide-eyed and Mr. Perez blinked repeatedly when his wife smiled brightly and raised a shoulder to happily announce, "The surprise was going to be Sebastian's proposal to Eleni!" 

AND NOW...

  ☙☽◯☾❧   

If there was any indication that Sebastian would have been sitting in a room beside his mate with her parents across the way and one of the said parents was giving him the stink eye because of what had been blurted outside earlier, Sebastian totally fucking missed it. 

Sebastian wasn't one to feel nervous about things except for that time when he revealed what he was to Eleni and those other moments of trying to keeping Eleni a secret from his family. Otherwise he didn't really have a reason to be nervous. And theeeeen Sebastian met Eleni's father.

It was a little unnerving the way Sebastian was being scrutinized. Both in positive and negative aspects. The negative was more of the issue at the moment. 

Robert Perez purposely sat directly across from the young persons in his living room. He seated himself in the middle of the cushion to a rather large lounge chair that was larger than necessary. He appreciated having such a chair since it was fitting to his glowering demeanor. He even puffed himself up a bit more. 

Across from him was his daughter and her... boyfriend

Only moments ago, Robert had believed his daughter's boyfriend was Peter. In fact, Peter was supposed to be Eleni's fiance and instead of being cheerful as he was earlier, Robert's mood was spoiled because this new young man had come waltzing into their lives and threw an unsuspecting bomb.

He didn't understand how Eleni could let herself become attached to this young man who looked more man than he should. Robert could see that the young man had handsome features but that was also an issue. 

Men who looked like this Sebastian boy always got into trouble. They were the kind of young men who knew they were good looking and let that go to their over sized ego. And to make matters worse, good-looking young men always took advantage of sweet girls like Robert's daughter. 

His precious Eleni was a smart girl. He truly believed it up until this moment that she came waltzing into their home with the man now seated next to her. Robert didn't understand! He didn't understand how Eleni could not tell him and her mother about her newfound relationship! 

Robert had always felt that he and his daughter had a close relationship. She could always tell him anything. But somehow this secret hurt Robert more than it should have.