T W E N T Y - F I V E ~ Ice Cream Kisses

☙☽◯☾❧   

Mathis' brows furrowed as he was peering over at Valor's eldest son and his nephew. He was watching from where he sat at the table, eating from the plate Ursula filled up for him for the second time. 

Both young men were up early as always.... however, he noticed how Valor's eager son was being outdone by none other than Sebastian who normally had a very calm demeanor about him. He normally stood with a blank stare as his cousin was going off a hundred miles per hour of whatever new discovery he learned at the human school in town. 

Lately, however, Mathis noted the way Sebastian looked a bit impatient. He was still as serious as always, but the young man's jaw kept clenching every few seconds while informing his cousin that if they were to make it to the town before sunset they would need to leave soon. 

Mathis had not thought it very wise for either of the young men to enter the town on their own, but especially not Sebastian. He was the Twilight Savior, and with that title it was necessary that he was to stay put for the discussion in finding out what that entailed. 

For many days now that the two young Weres had been going into the town, Mathis had been trying to relay to Valor that his nephew needed to focus on what was priority. That they needed to continue their brainstorming of what it was that Sebastian was supposed to save the Were kind from. 

But Valor's dispute between himself and his son, had placed their intentions to the side because Mathis could see that the other alpha was trying to amend for the snag in the relationship between him and Micah. 

The Shaman alpha could see that the father wanted to fix what had been broken, but Mathis knew that something as small as this would only postpone what they had planned for Sebastian longer. The longer they postponed, the riskier it would be to leave the Communities exposed for the future danger. 

Mathis frowned, carefully watching the way Sebastian kept glancing in the direction of the forest, and then scowling at his young cousin who was taking longer because his mother was handing him a small bag of some food that Micah nodded gratefully for. 

He could see that the twenty-six year old was rather impatient. Something out of character for Sebastian. 

For the past week that Sebastian would guard Micah in the town, it was obvious that there was something a little different with the Twilight Savior. Mathis just couldn't put his finger on it. 

"Alright, Mom!" Micah whined, frowning at the extra bag of food that was being shoved into his backpack. "I won't have any room for my books!" 

Ursula smiled softly, lifting her hand to gently place against the side of her son's face. The young man softened immediately from his mother's kind eyes staring up at him. Micah grinned, sighing under his breath before leaning forward and kissing her cheek. 

"Thanks, Mum. Really." 

Turning away from her, Micah caught the impatient gleam in his cousin's eyes and the younger Were figured he'd best get a move on. He didn't want to deprive his cousin any more time from his true mate waiting patiently in town. 

Micah practically ran out the door, shouting without looking over his shoulder, "C'mon, Seb! I'm gonna be late!" 

The taller of the pair casually walked outside, looking over his shoulder to nod at his uncle and the other alpha after having kissed his aunt's cheek. Sebastian faced away, shouting back something inaudible to Micah who was already at the treeline with his long arms up in the air and waving about frantically.