T W E N T Y - T W O ~ Hot Chocolate

☙☽◯☾❧   

Sebastian made his way back down the hall he'd been led down earlier. The sweater was still in his hold and had been pulling it over his head once he reached the living area again. His silver eyes immediately fell on the young woman exiting the kitchen with a steaming mug in each hand. 

Her brown eyes looked his way and she smiled which made Sebastian's chest tighten. 

His realization in the bathroom of who this girl was to him made sense of the warning signs leading up to this point. It wasn't a dramatic feeling through touch or anything; no sparkling touches, but there was this feeling of curiosity that enveloped him to want to know her more. The best way to describe the recognition of a mate---a true one actually---was being able to breathe, and then taking that one deep breath that throws off the rhythm. It's confusing... it's slightly irritating... but... it's essential. 

That's what this girl was to him. She was that deep breath of life that had been missing. That through off his breathing pattern... now and forever. 

The question of "Do you feel better now that you're all clean?" made Sebastian blink a few times, looking at Eleni standing in the middle of the living room with the corner of her mouth curled upward. Her head was tilted slightly and she raised a brow, eyeing him with slight amusement.

She shrugged her shoulders after he kept silent and then leaned her head forward to ask if he was alright. 

Sebastian swallowed, raising his hand to the back of his head and then finally nodded that he was clean. He thanked her, then glanced in the direction of the bathroom before turning to face her when Eleni explained he didn't have to worry about the clothes. 

"I can wash them for you, Sebastian," she was bending to place the mugs on the middle table she stood next to, "But I will say that they might be difficult to get all that blood out. I think it'd be better to just throw them out."

Standing to face him, Eleni tilted her head and her long brown curls fell to the side with it. 

Sebastian's brows furrowed a little as he studied her from where he was. She was definitely not what he expected. She was the complete opposite actually. With being surrounded with those in the community who were tall, seeing Eleni with her small stature was refreshing. It made it interesting to see how such strong emotions could come out of someone so small but Sebastian figured that this girl was his true mate for a reason. 

Because that's just what the Moon Goddess does. She does everything for a reason. 

The only thing is... Sebastian couldn't figure out why the Moon Goddess chose Eleni for him?

"I find that our conversations are going to be quite the struggle," Eleni mumbled as she playfully narrowed her eyes at the tall man who blinked again at her. 

She did notice that he was spacing out a lot. It must be a family thing because Micah would do the same every so often. To be honest though, Eleni found the spacing to be quite amusing... perhaps a bit more than that with Sebastian though.

There was no denying Sebastian was a handsome man. There was no perfect beauty, she knew that, but Eleni found a lot of Sebastian's features to make him look handsome as he was. 

Her eyes drifted from his chin that was part of a squared jawline, up to his lips that were not overly big, but still full. And Eleni couldn't forget the deep dimple she caught when Sebastian would purse his mouth to the side when frowning, or even when he spoke there was a glimpse of that adorable dimple.