T E N ~ Expect Great Things

☙☽◯☾❧     

Back in Valor's community, many were bewildered to the sudden gathering towards the training field. It was so sudden, when the werewolves in uniform had stormed into homes and started shouting orders and barked out that they were to pick up the pace.

The first thing noticed at the field was the large platform and the two large posts standing in the middle of it. 

The community frowned, mumbling among themselves on what was happening until they started to quiet at the sight of the councilmen walking up onto the platform with their Alpha being escorted behind them. Their mouths hung open at seeing their Alpha's wrists shackled in front of him.

Before they could speak a word, the community became outraged. They were shouting out to their Alpha and protesting that he'd done nothing wrong. Valor's frown never left his face, even with the glaring showdown between he and Elder Phillips, now standing before him.

Valor narrowed his hazel eyes, holding back a growl.

"Weres of WoodsBourgh!" the Elder addressed the simmering crowd, his cloaked arms up in the air. He waited for there to be complete silence then continued to lower his arms as he announced, "I know you are very confused to why your Alpha is in shackles! And I know you have great faith in him, so much trust!"

Elder Phillips sneered at Valor then looked back at the crowd.

"But your Alpha has deceived you!"

The mutterings from the crowd erupted again.

Aside the crowd, surrounded by guards were Valor's family. They worriedly stared up at Valor who had yet to speak. Ursula bit her bottom lip, whimpering for her mate and was praying to the Goddess that nothing would happen to him. Kosias could sense her distress and calmly placed a hand on the woman's shoulder.

The blonde's green eyes tearfully pleaded with him, but she knew that there was nothing that could be done for Valor. Not without some miracle.

"Your Alpha hides a secret... For six years he hides what should have been relayed to the council so long ago!"

Elder Phillips abruptly turns to Valor and scowls, "WHERE'S THE BOY, VALOR BALTHASAR?! Where is this so called Twilight Savior?!"

An immense gasp from the crowd had the Alpha narrow his eyes at the Elder, who knew damn well that Valor wasn't going to tell him. There was no doubt now for him that the Elders did believe there was a Twilight Savior, and was going through all this trouble just to humiliate the Alpha in his own community.

Leaning his head forward, Valor growled, "I'll say nothing!"

Elder Phillips inhaled deeply, his fists clutched at his sides from the defiance. And in front of the community, no less. Well, unfortunately for the Alpha, that wasn't going to cut it. The councilman growled under his breath, turning away and barked orders to strip the man's shirt and shackle Alpha Balthasar to the posts.

The crowd's eyes narrowed, their low growls of their Alpha being disrespected not playing well with them. But they had to remain where they were, not able to come to their Alpha's aid; not with the Council and their guards present.

Shoved to his knees and having his arms stretched out to the sides with heavy iron shackles tightened on his wrists, Valor's bare chest breathed heavily. He was trying to control his emotions, trying to keep from letting his wolf take over. That would only ensure a much more severe punishment than what he was about to receive.