T W E N T Y ~ Orange Blossoms

☙☽◯☾❧  

He didn't have to see to know who was at the door speaking with his mother. He had felt him nearby---and in a panic. 

For as long as he could comprehend (what little he could) of his connection to the Moon Goddess, Sebastian had this strange ability to read the feelings of others near him. It was how he first discovered his Uncle had a first born on the way---many years ago---because he could connect so easily to his fetus cousin. 

Sure, Sebastian had the ability to block it out every now and then because it was quite draining for him to have to feel so many different emotions that didn't even belong to him. The ability to do that took a lot of practice on his own, since he didn't share that secret with anyone in his family. Just with Parker. 

Though he could feel others' emotions, it was rare for him to feel certain ones from his Uncle Valor: sadness and panic. 

Sebastian frowned at nothing in particular as he opened the block enough that a swarm of emotions swept over him like a wave. His heart started racing, feeling his Uncle's do the same, and then felt the panic intensify once the front door opened. 

Tilting his head slightly, Sebastian narrowed his eyes to listen to the way his mother had a questioning tone before his uncle confirmed the panic Sebastian felt when his voice reached him from down the hall and pleadingly demanded for Sebastian. 

He looked over his shoulder at his bedroom door then tossed the book he was reading onto the bed. Sebastian pulled open his door and quickly walked out into the hall to make his way downstairs, but his Uncle Valor was already at the top.

Sebastian took in the wide-eyed, frazzled look on his uncle and frowned, "Uncle Valor? What's wrong?" 

He knew something was from the way the man kept running his fingers through his hair and his eyes kept watering---something that Sebastian rarely saw on the man---before his uncle finally looked up at him and stammered, "Sebastian... Seb---My son---I..." 

The young man frowned, tilting his head a little---his ears honing into the panic of the man's voice. 

"What's happened?" 

Valor swallowed hard, chest heaving heavily as he shook his head and met his nephew's eyes. 

"Micah is missing." 

Sebastian's silver eyes widened, his face slowly turning into a scowl. 

"Missing...? How---What do you mean? He was just---"

"I know!" Valor nodded. "He was at home! But we both got into an argument that I may have pushed too far and made my son believe that I didn't love him! That I thought---," the man paused, frowning shamefully and forced out that he made his son believe that he valued Sebastian's life over Micah's. 

Sebastian blinked, frowning at his uncle who still wouldn't meet his gaze. He just kept shaking his head and whispering that he needed to find his son. That he had no idea where to start looking. 

When the alpha finally met his gaze, Sebastian could see the way his uncle was frightened. It would be expected, considering that Micah was his son, so it was only natural to see a parent fear for their missing child. It was just somewhat odd to see particularly on the alpha because Sebastian knew he was so good at hiding his emotions. 

After all, that was something he'd learned from his Uncle Valor. 

The twenty-six year old lowered a brow, jaw slanting to the side as he looked away. He narrowed his eyes a little, his mind reeling with the possible places in the community that Micah could have disappeared to. There weren't many really, now that Sebastian thought about it. Only because his cousin happened to find little appeal in the community.