T H I R T Y - N I N E ~ A Mended Bond

☙☽◯☾❧

He couldn't stop watching her. Couldn't stop the corners of his mouth curling up into a smile. And he couldn't stop his heart's swelling of being so enamored with Eleni Perez. 

His mate. The love of his life. The one who saved him. 

Sebastian took in a deep breath, letting it out slow. It was still early in the morning and chilly enough outside the breath he let out was seen before it wisped away. But Sebastian remained on the front porch steps, staring out at the front yard where the fireflies had yet to hide away. 

Her laughter rang out, making Sebastian smile more, as she reached up and almost caught the firefly. It made a stealthy turn. 

This had become part of his morning routine the past two weeks since Eleni's first visit. 

Eleni would wake up and hop out of Sebastian's bed, running to relieve herself before emerging with a relieved sigh. Sebastian would raise a brow, asking how she slept as he took in her frizzy bed head while standing in a nightgown his mother had been able to find from around the Community. 

His little mate shrugged that there was not much sleep she'd gotten---giving him a pointed look---which Sebastian smirked at. The night before was once again spent taking Eleni to the brink of ecstasy. So letting his wolf's eye color take over made Eleni raise her brow back at him.

With her hands on her hips, Eleni tilted her head to huff, "Oooooh, no! Don't you even think about it, Sebastian Balthasar! As much as I enjoyed last night---" She caught the twinkle in his eyes as a low growl rumbled out of him. "---I don't want your parents thinking that is all we do!" 

The corner of his lip quirked up, tilting his head as he lowered a brow. "Would that be a bad thing?"

"Yes," Eleni stressed, brows furrowed. Her brown eyes narrowed. "I just met them! I want their impression of me to be different than..." She lowered her gaze, staring down her toes. She wiggled them a bit to focus on something. Eleni took in a breath, whispering, "---Than how Peter's parents thought of me."

Sebastian sat up, his broad chest unable to distract Eleni for once as she lifted her brown eyes to his face. There was a pinch of uncertainty on her face and Sebastian prodded further about what her ex-boyfriend's parents thought of her.

His mate's brown eyes turned glossy. Her long lashes giving her a more doe-eyed look.

Eleni wrapped her arms around herself, lowering her gaze again. She explained that even though her parents didn't know about having given her virginity to Peter and thought she was waiting until marriage, the Hemmingways knew already about their son being intimate with Eleni. 

It was then clarified how Peter's parents always made little comments about Peter needing to find a 'good girl' and though Eleni made a small slip up, she'd be perfect for their son. Peter's mother would often hint at Eleni to live up to the 'good girl' standard otherwise it would be a shame for Eleni's parents to find out about their daughter's seductive ways.

Sebastian's jaw clenched, an agitated growl rumbling out of him this time, as Eleni swallowed, sniffling with a small shake of her head. 

"It was hurtful, Sebastian... For them to think that I was the one who seduced their son? It was a mutually consented experience. No one was forced to do anything. I..."

Eleni bit her lip, tucking her hair behind her ear. Her eyes rose to her boyfriend's.

"I realize now that maybe... I did feel as though I loved Peter which was why I chose to sleep with him. But..." Eleni walked over, climbing onto the bed to sit in front of the tall Werewolf. His brows furrowed as he watched her take his hand in hers.