T H I R T Y - S I X ~ You Reap What You Sow PART I

☙☽◯☾❧

☙☽Three Months Later☾❧

"Tell me about the girl," Valor asked without looking at his son. 

Micah was seated beside him on the back porch. The alpha could feel his son's hesitation when the younger tensed up. His blond head snapped in Valor's direction from what Valor could see from his peripherals. 

Keeping his attention on the ground, Valor let his broad shoulders fall heavy with the loud tired sigh. His brows pinched together.

"Please, Micah..." Valor begged, again throwing off his son. "I need to know about her. I need to be able to recognize her."

Micah's brows shot up, blinking repeatedly as it sunk in what his father was asking of him. His voice was low when he frowned, asking why the alpha would need to recognize the human girl at all. 

"You don't go outside the community unless it is for the Alpha Gatherings or to visit other communities." Micah narrowed his eyes, turning his chin slightly. "What are you up to?"

Valor sighed again. 

He figured there was no point in hiding his intentions. The title of Alpha meant nothing to him now. Not when Valor hadn't been said Alpha when it counted the most. Though he didn't want to be like his own father, Valor scoffed to himself that it was inevitable that he'd reflect the same backward thinking as the alpha before him. 

But if he could change that, even as late as it was, Valor would put all his efforts for it. 

Valor turned his head, meeting Micah's gaze. He looked so much like Valor but the alpha was grateful his son was nothing like him. Not really anyway. Micah was going to be a different kind of alpha and Valor wouldn't have it any other way. Perhaps, with Micah's different way of thinking, their communities will prosper in more ways than one. 

"I'm going to the town," he admitted. He didn't react to Micah's surprise. Valor just shrugged, shaking his head. "I want to find this girl and meet the human who changed your cousin for the better. Who kept him in the light." 

The man took in a deep breath. His hazel eyes lifted, scanning the area behind their home. The light breeze filtered through the trees, sending the forest's woodsy scent towards his nostrils. Always such a calming tactic.

"I've wronged your cousin, Micah." Valor nodded to himself. "All his life he's fought to fit in wherever he was... with whoever he was with... and with us, Sebastian didn't have to do that. He knew we loved him for who he was... for who he was going to be."

Micah's head tilted a bit, watching his father's expression scrunch the more he spoke. 

The man's remorse for hurting Sebastian as he did was showing a lot more than Micah expected. The younger Werewolf knew his father was trying to do right by the community, but forgot that Sebastian wasn't just part of the community. Sebastian was family. 

Though he was still upset with his father and uncle for what they'd done to his cousin, turning him into... Micah swallowed, closing his eyes. He shivered thinking about what was happening at the Training Circle as they speak. Even what happened some days ago. That was a terrifying side to Sebastian. Micah wasn't even sure his cousin was capable of being so malevolent.

Micah heard his father's thoughts of perhaps meeting the "human girl" and being able to explain to her that whatever transpired between her and Sebastian was the alpha's fault. That as the one in charge, Valor instructed his nephew to cut ties completely with her.