F O R T Y - O N E~ Make a Difference

☙☽◯☾❧

"So...?" Valor questioned the Shaman Alpha as he exited the room, shutting the door behind him. The younger Alpha raised his brows, glancing at the door behind Mathis then back to his friend. "What are your thoughts?"

Valor crossed his arms, tightening his hold and his brows furrowed while studying the look on Mathis's face. The man was mulling over his words, wanting to choose them wisely. Valor finally understood where Micah got his restlessness from as Valor was continuously lowering his arms to his sides only to cross them again.

Mathis took in a breath, rubbing the back of his neck. His gaze lifted behind his friend to where the Foresteins were seated across the room. They were huddled together, worry on their faces while waiting for the two males to approach them. 

Releasing his long sigh, Mathis looked back to Valor. Without indicating anything for the parents through body movements, Mathis lowered his voice as he responded.

"She's alive." He raised his brows. His brow lowered. "But..."

Valor crossed his arms again. 

"She will forever be mute. Your nephew completely shredded her vocal chords, Valor. With one swipe." 

Valor's hand ran down the back of his head. He shut his eyes, taking in a breath and held it for three seconds then let it out slow. A part of him was slightly relieved there wasn't more to Sebastian's kill count, the other part of him wasn't exactly pleased to know there could possibly be a threat in their mist. 

Valor met Mathis's gaze. "As for the rest of her?"

The Shaman Alpha's brows furrowed, lowering his gaze. He studied the floor while relaying to Valor of how Giselle Forestein's shredded vocal chords was the least of her worries considering the brutal attack done to her face, shoulders, and chest. 

He saw Valor's facial expression take a mixture of worry and displeasure. Mathis pointed out to his friend it was to be expected for there to be such damage after the rampage Sebastian was forced into.

"It is not a concept her parents will be pleased with, Valor, but they cannot exactly place blame on Sebastian when he was doing what is expected of a mate. He was protecting her from Miss Forestein."

The man raised a brow. "You all were witnesses to Miss Forestein making threats and then attempting to act on those threats."

Valor nodded, frowning as he crossed his arms. It didn't make it any better to have to walk over and tell the she-wolf's parents of the permanent damage done to their daughter. Regardless if Giselle was in the wrong or not, no parent wants to see their child hurt in any way, shape or form. 

"So nothing can be done... right?" 

Mathis frowned, already letting Valor know the answer. 

With another deep intake of breath, Valor muttered his thanks before turning to walk over to where Giselle's parents were waiting. They were still huddled together until Valor was close enough that they stood up. 

Mr. Forestein's eyes widened as he asked about his daughter. He held his wife against him as she tried to keep her trembling lip still. Her eyes---the same as her daughter's---looked up at her Alpha. 

Valor's brows furrowed, reminding himself that even if he was their Alpha, their daughter posed a threat to not only his nephew, but to Sebastian's mate, Eleni. 

Whether the Community liked it or not, Eleni was under their protection and no one would be able to use the excuse of feeling threatened by a human female; not when said human was the only reason the Twilight Savior emerged from the darkness of Beathach.