Chapter 1

*My first Jeff Fanfic so bear with me :$*

Chapter 1

Another day of school. Another day of feeling like a freak. Another day of wishing I wasn't like this. Another day of eyes staring at me like a parasite. Just another day. Nothing new. My name is Elizabeth Umber. I'm a Junior in high school. But sometimes I feel like a freshmen who doesn't know the ropes of surviving in the prison of teens with too many raging hormones. Sometimes it's not all that bad. I mean barely anyone talks to me. Only my friends, which aren't as much as one usually has. My two friends, Addie and Johanna, three if you count this one guy in algebra. Everyone at my school says it's pretty lame to have only two or three friends. In all honesty I don't care. They're enough for me to actually be happy at school. I'm a straight A student, meaning I get called a nerd a lot. But I've learned to just say 'Thank you' because when they call you a nerd it just means that they're saying you're smarter than they'll ever be. Who knows, maybe I'll become the next Bill Gates, and they'll become the next 'Guys who will work for Bill Gates' . It brings joy to me when I think about that. Devious joy.

Nerd isn't the only thing I'm called. I'm called a freak, lame-wad, weirdo, reject, loser, even a bitch at some point. But they don't really notice me. I'm like a weird, derpy ghost that hangs around but people just walk past me and go on with their lives. But I'd rather be a ghost then a fake. All of the 'popular' kids at my school are all fakes. The girls are everything fake. Fake hair, fake lips, fake body, fake boobs! The guys are no better. They act like something different just to fit in to this society. In reality they don't have to do that. They're all insecure to be themselves. I mean I am too but at least I take a little pride in it

But enough about that kind of stuff. It makes me retch whenever I think or talk about it. All you need to know is that I'm a freak, simple as that. I feel like this everywhere I go. I can't even stop the feeling at home. My parents get worried because I'm not as social as I used to be. Well, they're right. I don't like to talk with many people and I'm just awkward all around. I panic sometimes, which worries my mom and dad even more. But sometimes I get the feeling, like I'm not even human. As I've grown and developed my senses I've come to think that there's something wrong with me. Not mentally or physically. I just feel like I'm not just a teenage girl. I'm something more. I just don't know what.

"Ellie!" my mother calls from downstairs, "We're leaving now! Hurry or you'll be late for school!" I sigh and slip on my jacket and messenger bag. I go downstairs and see my mom, waiting for me at the door. She gives me a smile and I smile in return. But really I just want to frown and die. I'm not suicidal, I just really, really, really hate school. I only like learning and talking with my friends, that's it. We started walking to my mom's car, saying bye to my dad as he waited at the front door. After about a couple of minutes of driving we were at my school. I got out of the car and walked in through the front doors. Some kids stare at me like a circus clown. Not out of amusement, out of disgust and prejudice. Yep, nothing new at all.

I head to my first class, Writing. I like that class. I like learning and expanding my vocabulary more. I actually appreciate my words unlike some who don't even use proper language. Mostly slang. I use slang sometimes but it just doesn't feel natural. Whenever I do talk like that my tongue feels weird and my brain seems to churn from the effort. So I usually speak big words that not many people understand. My friends do though, because they've gotten used to it and so have my parents. They even talk like that at home to make me feel more comfortable. I think that's pretty impressive, if you ask me.

I walk in and the first thing I'm greeted with is laughter. I sigh and take my seat at my desk...at the very corner...in the back of the room...away from 'fakes' and just people I don't feel like talking to. I sit back here to avoid as little interaction as possible. Remember, I'm socially awkward and tend to panic at moments. My parents say it might potentially become a phobia at the rate I'm going. That's not very good. So I just avoid as much as I can. The teacher is a bit troubled because I don't sit at the front. He says since I'm a straight A student I should be up at the front, listening to lessons better then straining to hear from the back. But I just refuse and reply "Leave the front seats open for the kids who really need the knowledge." He just nods and understands what I'm saying. Literally, most of the kids here need it.