Chapter 6

*IM SO SORRY! I HAD TO REDO THIS CHAPTER CUZ THE OTHER ONE GOT MESSED UP AND I HATED THAT! BUT NOW ITS FIXED AND HERE IS WHAT I ORIGINALLY HAD PLANNED! IT WAS HARD TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING BUT I MANAGED TO DO IT. PLEASE ENJOY. I TRIED SO HARD TO GET THIS BACK! OKAY ILL STOP TALKING NOW. BUT SOMEONE YOU GUYS MAY KNOW COMES OUT SO BE EXCITED! OK PEACE WANKERS! -3- *

Chapter 6

I woke up in my bed, nicely tucked in. I even had an old plushie set next to me that I kept in my closet. It was around six o'clock, mom must be back home and making dinner. I sit up and look around. Jeff and Smile arem't here anymore. I hold my head because of the flash of pain that went through the side. I groaned and looked at my desk. My paper bag and pills were on there and also a note. It looked like those notes that I read before Jeff came out today. I slipped out of bed and picked up the note. It read 'I put you to bed as soon as you passed out on me. I don't know what you were going on about before you hyperventilated but I know that I should back off for now. So don't force yourself. You're weak right now. Also you might have a cold too so take some medicine or whatever. That's all I wanted you to know. See you around Ellie! P.S. Don't end up like those sexually active teens. I will shun you until the day you die! -Jeff''. I couldn't suppress my giggle and smile. He's weird. But I am too. And...maybe that's a good thing.

...

The next day I went to school with a horribly stuffy nose. Jeff was right, I do have a cold. And it sucks. The neighbors found out about their dog. They claimed maybe a bear or wolf from the nearby forest came in and attacked their poor dog. If only they knew what really did the damage. I was in algebra with Ian. Things between us were still a bit touchy. We barely talked at all the past couple of minutes. Usually he blabs away! I look at him and he doesn't look back. He's too busy taking notes. I take a deep breath and say, "So...any new creepy stories to spread around to scare the weak hearted?" He smirks and finally looks at me straight. "Yes but I won't use that story until later on once Halloween starts kicking in." I smile. "Tell me," I pleaded. He shook his head. "Sorry short stack. You're just gonna have to wait." I pouted and he chuckled. At least he hasn't changed his love for trickery and his love to just annoy me to hell. I write down a couple notes when he grabs my hand and moves down my sleeve slightly to see my mark. He gives me a concerned look and sighs. I pull it down and gulp. He's still a bit upset though.

Algebra was over as the bell rung a few minutes after. I headed to the cafeteria doors and met up with Addie and Johanna. Addie hasn't said a thing about me missing her call or the marks. I just hope she keeps it that way. I don't feel like explaining. We sit at the back, as usual and eat. Addie told us about an update she got during second period. Eight more people were killed now. Jeff is still roaming around I see. Could he be upset? That I yelled sat him? If he is then I'm the reason he's killing so many people. I don't want people to die on my account. That's unsettling to me in so many ways. I just hopes he stops soon or else this town will be completely wiped out.

Lunch ended eventually and I headed to the restroom. I don't like to go during class. I'm afraid I won't get important information while I'm gone. I head to the girls restroom and walk in when I see Maddy, Clare and Stephanie. I sigh. Maddy turns and smiles. "Oh hey Elizabeth! What are you doing here? You're not pretty enough to even bother checking yourself." Clare and Stephanie giggle at the remark and I frown. "Actually if I was insecure about my looks then I would frequently check to see if I appear interesting. But if I felt I looked more than decent or confident then I wouldn't even bother to take a glimpse at myself. So really you three are the insecure ones." Maddy sneers. "Don't get smart with us! You know this is a girls' bathroom. Not a pig pen!" They start laughing and I groan. I shouldn't have to deal with this. I wish Johanna was here to tell them off. "You three don't have to tell me twice. I was already leaving this Barbie fest," I muttered. I start towards the door when I hear Stephanie. "Hey Elizabeth, you gonna show us your 'tattoos'?" I stop. I knew she'd say something about them eventually. I turn to them and say, "They're not tattoos. They're just marks. And I think you should just worry about your own skin. By the looks of it you three need to."