Chapter 49

*I DIDN'T REALLY FEEL LIKE EDITING THIS WHEN I FINISHED SO SORRY IF IT HAS SOME ERRORS. ALSO THERE'S A PICTURE IN THE MULTIMEDIA THAT I SHOULD'VE PRESENTED A LONG TIME AGO BUT I NEVER GAVE UP. FINALLY I DID IT! SO IF THE ARTIST IS READING THIS AND SEES IT, THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU SMILE :) PROCEED.*

Chapter 49

Elizabeth's POV

It's been hours since I got back. The sun is setting. My parents were arguing outside my door, over how they were going to cheer me up. They couldn't. I was betrayed. I was betrayed worse than Jeff was. What I did could be forgiven and forgotten. What he did will never ever be remembered without sobbing your eyes out. Why? I know he was pissed off, but to go as far as killing Travis knowing I'd be upset is awful! I'm sure he wasn't thinking about what I would think. That dumb-ass wouldn't think for a split second even if I forced him to.

I laid on my bed, crying and cursing under my breath. I know it's my fault that Travis is dead. If I had just said something that day, if I had just stopped him from kissing me, if I hadn't made such a terrible mistake, he wouldn't be dead right now. His parents are devastated to lose their only child. If only they knew who ended his life. I'm angry, sad, confused, guilty and so many more things that I can't even comprehend what they are anymore.

As I lay on bed, finally calming down after minutes of sobbing, I could see Grinny resting on the pillow next to me. He looked up at me and his grin widened once he saw I wasn't crying anymore. I gave him a small smile and scratched his chin. Grinny has been staying here, ever since Jeff and I broke up. He's made himself comfortable here and has been warming up to my parents, although they're still trying to get used to him. He's been mostly hanging out with me and I don't mind it. Sometimes he stands on the window sill and gazes out into the forest beyond the houses that neighbor ours. I always think that he's homesick and I feel guilty. And every time I do, he turns around to look at me and gives me a smile. It doesn't make me feel completely better but it does put off the guilt. He's been cuddling with me whenever I go to sleep, he's been relaxing on me whenever I read a book, and whenever I type on my laptop he paws the keyboard and messes me up like any other cat would do.

Even though I feel bad about keeping him here when he should be with the others at the mansion, I'm glad he's here to comfort me whenever he can. Grinny crawled a little closer to me and rested his head against mine. He pawed at my hair, not scratching me or hurting me. I've noticed he does this whenever I'm in a really bad mood. He's petting my hair to give me comfort. I find it quite funny but I know his intentions are good. He's a very smart cat and he knows what he's doing.

Grinny kept petting my hair and a few minutes later there was a knock at my door and it opened. My mother stepped in and gave me a soft smile. I didn't say anything as she came over and sat at the edge of my bed. She scratched Grinny's head and he purred gently, before she turned to me and started talking. "Elizabeth...I'm not going to ask if you're okay like other oblivious parents out there. I recognize your pain and I know exactly what it is that's troubling you. You haven't told us but your father and I can tell. So, I'll ask this instead...who's broken your heart and what have they done to sadden you?"

I sniffled and looked up at her. She cupped my cheek and brushed away a falling tear. I managed to find my voice and say, "...Jeff."

"Dear lord, as if your father wasn't already planning an assassination on that boy," she muttered, which made me laugh. She smiled, knowing I was a little better. I went on, "I had done something terribly wrong when he wasn't around. I should've stayed faithful to him, but I was too depressed and desperate for him to come back that I practically became a mindless, walking zombie. I made a mistake and Jeff had gotten angry with me because of it, which resulted in him breaking up with me. At that time I was so angered and broken that I had told him I hated him. He didn't say...but I'm sure he feels the same way towards me. Although I don't hate him. I....I still love him, mom. I love him and he loved me. No one has ever made me feel this way but him and now I've driven him away. Which, only shows me that I don't deserve to be loved. I'll only mess things up, like I always do. No wonder people pick on me all of the time. I deserve all of that ridicule."