Chapter 80

*VIDEO IN THE MULTIMEDIA. IF NOT WORKING PLEASE WATCH ON THE ONLINE SITE. PICTURE IN THE MULTIMEDIA IS YET ANOTHER DRAWING MADE BY MY AWESOME FRIEND ARIANNA. HAI, GURL!*

Chapter 80

Jeff's POV

Ms. Pencilneck gently, with nimble pale fingers, placed a white rose on top of the left side of Elizabeth's face. It covered her damaged eye, to show the beauty she still has rather than the horrible wounds that would stand out more than it. The same was for the right side of her torso, her severed arm covered with a flock of white roses. I stared at Elizabeth's form as she lie peacefully in the coffin. She was given a snow-white sundress to wear, with an ocean blue ribbon tied around her waist, that of the same color as her intact eye, which was closed. Her face was powdered to cover the scars on her face, making her complexion look whiter than that of the roses. I just stared at her lifeless, dressed up body, with gloom shadowing my eyes.

Ms.P had taken up the task to prep Elizabeth for tomorrow morning, when we'll bury her. But Ms.P was given some assistance by Sally. I really didn't want the little girl to see Ellie like this and have to endure the pain. But she had volunteered and persuaded me by telling me, "I want to make sure Elizabeth looks perfect. Besides, once she's prepared, she won't look like how she normally does, without makeup, without anything to cover her flaws. I want to see her true self one last time before she goes." And so Sally had helped Ms.P with preparing Elizabeth. She kept a brave face through it all, even though I knew she was hurting inside, just like everyone else. Sally's resting now. She had worked non-stop.

Ms.P looked up at me with saddened red eyes and I looked at her. "She's beautiful," I said, and Ms. P nodded. She looked down at Elizabeth, let out a sad sigh and told me, "Indeed she is..." I looked back down at Ellie and kept my eyes on her. Ms.P scoffed softly and said, "I must go do something, Jeffery. I hope my absence will not bother you, and if my presence does then I will gladly let you have your space."

Without taking a glance at her, I said, "Its fine, Ms.P. Go do what you need to do." I saw her nod out of the corner of my eye and she began walking towards the door behind me. A few moments after she had walked out and closed the door, someone came knocking on it.

Ben's POV

Aw jeez... I shouldn't do this. I shouldn't walk in. What if I piss him off? What if I come off as being jerk, which isn't what I want to come off as at all. Dammit. I was standing outside of the door of the lounge room, where Elizabeth's coffin was and where Jeff spent most of his time. He rarely ever comes out and nothing but silence surrounds the room. I remember the way he looked when Jack had taken us to him. Jeff was utterly broken and battered, physically and emotionally. I can't recall a time when he's looked that distraught. He was in tears and once we came back to the mansion, something about him went off. Its like his mind snapped more than his heart broke. He's as bad as a mindless zombie. And it's pretty scary considering that he's the type of guy that would go ballistic at every noise and murder anything he could get his hands on, in this situation. Ellie meant more to him than any of us could understand. But I understand how he's feeling right now. He's not alone, really...

I finally brought up the courage to knock on the door and crack it open a bit. I spoke up, saying, "Jeff, it's me Ben. Is it okay if I come in?"

There was a pause of silence before Jeff said, "Yeah, come in," and I entered the room. I quietly closed the door as to not disturb the peace of the room and slowly walked up to Jeff's side. I looked up at him and then down into the coffin, where Ellie lay. Sadness filled me. It only seems like yesterday where I was calling her Girly and she was messing with me using her powers. I smiled at the memories and quietly said, "She looks beautiful." Jeff nodded and mumbled, "Yes she does."