Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Elizabeth's POV

I was way too tired to even want to get up. But I had to do it or else Slendy will get after me and throw me out of my own room. So I got up anyways. I got my clothes together, changed, brushed my hair and shuffled my feet downstairs. I said good morning to everyone as best I could without slurring my words from my grogginess. I didn't want any breakfast so I just got my messenger bag and left the mansion. I walked into town and went on the route to school. The weather kept getting colder and colder each day and so I had to pile on more fluffy clothes to keep me warm. Slendy gave me winter boots, a red bubble jacket and a white scarf, along with a red beanie. I'm pretty much prepared for whatever winter throws at me.

I made it to school and went into my first class. I sat down and took out my stuff. As I took out my notebook I heard someone say, "Nice clothes, freak." I looked up and saw Maddy, smirking at me. I sighed and said, "At least I still don't wear skirts. No wonder you have a cold." She frowned and said, "So! At least I still look good. You never do." I rolled my eyes and ignored her insults. Class started and Maddy was forced to sit down and stop bothering me. I almost fell asleep during class but luckily Travis woke me up before the teacher noticed. "What's going on with you lately?" he asked, concerned, "you always seem out of it."

I yawned and answered, "I've been busy."

"With what?" he asked. I looked down and thought about all I was doing. I'm training in combat and magic, I'm searching for my grandmother and Oliver Ferrell, I'm taking care of Jeff while he's in his coma and I'm trying to keep track with my family and friends while still dealing with school. "Just been doing some redecorating at home," I lied. He gave me a sad look and I smiled to make him feel better. He knows I'm lying but he also knows that I don't need to be questioned anymore. Class went on and so did the rest of them. Lunch came along and I decided to eat with Travis today. I never get to eat with him because I've spent all my time with Addie, Johanna and Ian, so today I gave Travis a chance.

He was pretty happy about me sitting with him. All his other friends were quite confused with my presence but I remained quiet. Some of them treated me nice and chatted with me while others didn't bother talking at all. Travis was happy that I was being social with other people other than my friends but he knew that I didn't feel like talking at all. I was just tired and begged for sleep but I had to get through the day. After lunch he got me a soda from the snack bar and a candy. He says that maybe it could wake me up a little, plus he wanted to be nice too. I thanked him for it and went on with my day.

As horrible as I felt the rest of the day I stayed alive for my friends and classes. Despite the fact that I was always ready to pass out, I made it through my next class. Now I just need a couple more and I'm done! Oh god, this day is going to be long.

Jeff's POV

The only thing on my mind was the fact that I'm about to die. Death is right in front of me, literally. He glared down at me with his silver eyes and I could only cower slightly. I didn't know that this was what would take me away. I always thought Death was a myth to scare me and everyone else. But no, the bastard is right here in front of me!

"Stop gaping at me, fool," Death growled to me. I snapped out of my trance and said, "Why are you here?"

He smiled and answered, "You should know. You've known for quite a while now. I'm here to take you away." I was struck with a sense of dread and fear at those words. I don't want to be taken away. No I won't be! As afraid as I was, I had to stand up to this son of a bitch and be firm with him. I stood up, balancing myself to stand straight, and glared at him. He frowned at my expression and said, "What is it?" I didn't answer him and he seemed annoyed by that. I reached into my pocket where my knife was and gripped the handle tightly. He didn't seem like he knew what I was about to do. I pulled out my knife and yelled, "I won't be taken!" As soon as I swiped my knife at his throat he disappeared in a blur. I frowned and looked around.