Chapter 53

*I DIDN'T KEEP MY PROMISE GUYS. I'M SORRY. MY BRAIN JUST WANTED TO BE A COMPLETE RETARD AND NOT LET ME WRITE OR THINK. AND BECAUSE OF THAT, I FEEL LIKE THIS CHAPTER WASN'T WELL PLANNED OR WRITTEN, SO IN ALL THINGS SHORT IT SUCKS. BUT MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME. ANYWAYS, I'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME AND KEEP MY PROMISE. YOU MAY PROCEED. STAY CREEPY MY FRIENDS!~*

Chapter 53

Elizabeth's POV

Aching pain was all I felt when I woke up. My back hurt, my muscles were sore, my arms stung and my head pounded. I started off with a coughing fit, then wheezing and I ended with hacking up some blood. "Oh shit...," I mumbled and looked for something to clean myself up with. I found a box of tissues on a nightstand and picked out a few of them. As I wiped my face, I looked around the cozy, warm room and slowed down as I realized that I have no idea where I am.

I cleaned myself up and threw away the tissues in a trash can next to the bed. I checked my arms and saw lots of scratches and bruises. I remembered what happened to me before I passed out. The car crash had happened, I woke up and found a bunch of Corrupted around us and I couldn't let them kill Jeff so I got out out the car and lured them away as far as I could. I got beat up pretty bad but I had managed to kill them all. But I had passed out from blood loss and didn't make it back to Jeff. Where is he? Oh god, I hope he's okay! I need to find him! But first I need to get out of here....wherever here is.

I climbed out of bed and stood up, wobbling slightly and getting whiplash. I breathed in and found my clothes and changed out of the sweat pants and baggy shirt I was given by my kidnapper. It took me a while to change because of my soreness but I managed. I finished and headed for the door, opening it and sneaking out carefully. I snuck down the hall and turned the corner to find myself in a living room, which was beautiful! Lavish furniture made the place look like something out of a Victorian noble's house. I could just keep marveling the elaborate decor but I needed to escape and find Jeff.

The front door was right across the room so I made my way over. No one seemed to be in the house, making this pretty easy. A little too easy. I made it to the front door and opened it only to find someone standing outside. I screamed and fell back. The figure stepped inside and looked down at me. They wore goggles with orange tint on the lenses and a black mouth piece. I trembled and scooted away from this man. He must've been the one who took me here. But why? What if he intends to have me stay here? Shit!

I looked down and saw that he had a hatchet in hand and some chopped up wood propped up on his shoulder by his other arm. He closed the door and set the wood down on the floor. He looked down at me and came closer. I kept scooting back until I hit something. It was the one of the couches and it blocked my escape. Damn! He crouched down to meet at eye level with me and twirled his hatchet in his hand. He planted it into the hard wood floor and reached a hand out, to which I screamed and covered my face. I felt something poke my hands and I peeked to see him poking them. His hands were gloved for some reason and I looked up at him. The mysterious man raised up his goggles so they rested on his head and I saw his brown eyes.