Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The people working on my window are gone now. I walked inside while Jeff and Masky talked. I didn't think Masky would know Jeff. Who else does he know? God, I don't think I want to find out. I put my stuff away and rested in the living room. I sigh, "Today has been shit..." I lay down instead of watching some TV. I can't fall asleep though because I don't want to. I don't know what I want to do. Or need to do. I just feel blank and lifeless, while processing what I feel like doing. My mind trails off to Travis for some reason. Maybe I can text him. But, maybe he's busy. Or he might not even answer back. If I text him will he think me to be desperate? I don't want to seem like that. Especially after today. But will he understand that I just need someone to talk to? I let out a gruff sigh and grit my teeth. Maybe I shouldn't text him at all. At least not yet. 

I started walking upstairs when my phone rang. Thinking it was Travis I gasped and answered. I was so intent on talking to him that I called out his name to see if it was him. Unfortunately it wasn't him. "No this isn't Travis. It's your mother." she said. I felt awkward now. Dammit Elizabeth, why can you be so stupid sometimes?! Now she'll think there's a boy in my life. Just great. I manage to get my words out to her. "Oh uh sorry. So, what's up?" 

"Ian woke up a couple minutes ago. Would you like to come and see him?" she said. At the mention of Ian I felt my heart race. I so desperately want to see him. I want to see him awake and smiling. I want to hear him tease me with his little remarks about how short I am. I just want to see him. "Yes," I said, excitedly, "I'd love to come and see him!" I heard my mom chuckle and she said, "Well, all right then. I'll keep him up for you. Can you catch a taxi? I'll pay for it when you get here." 

"Sure mom," I said, "I'll see you there." I hung up and smiled. I'm going to see Ian again. I really needed to see him. I go upstairs and get my jacket and grab my spare house keys. When I go downstairs I see Jeff, sitting on the couch's arm and looking at me. He seems a little...off. "What is it?" I ask him. 

"Where are you going?" he asked. He seemed annoyed. I frowned and said, "What's up with you all of a sudden?" 

"I asked you a question, Elizabeth," he said. He hasn't called me by my full name since ever. He's only called me Ellie or Sunshine. Now I know something's up. "I'll answer your question once you answer mine," I said, firmly. He scowls and gets off the couch's arm. "I don't want any bullshit from you now," he growled, "now tell me where you're going." I felt myself go uneasy by his sudden anger. What's wrong with him? What did I do to make him mad? I don't bother trying to figure it out. I tell him, "I'm going to see Ian at the hospital."

"Will Travis be there?" he asked. I was taken aback by what he said. I gulp and say, "No he won't. H...how do you know about him?" He chuckles and growls, "I'm not stupid Ellie. I know what's going on in your life. I know the rumors going on about you. Especially the recent ones. I know you have a little crush on this Travis guy. Were you expecting him to text or call you just now?" He said that last sentence with a hint of mockery. I was getting angry. "No I wasn't. And my social life is none of your business." I snapped. He laughs and says, "Everything about you is my business. Even your little social life." I gave him a look. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked angrily. 

"You know what it means," he growled. My face turned to shock as I knew what he meant. Then I frowned and yelled at him. "Just shut up! I don't need to listen to you!" I storm towards the door when he grabs me and doesn't let go. I glare at him and growl, "Let me go!" He doesn't respond, only scowls. I try yanking his hand off but he had a tight grip. It started to hurt and now I was just scared. "Jeff let go! You're hurting me!" 

"What if that's what I want," he says darkly. I look at him and sneer. I still try to get away but I knew he would never let me go. I punch his chest but he doesn't even flinch. "What is wrong with you?!" I snap. His grip got a whole lot tighter and he gives me a look of complete anger. I was afraid he'd break my wrist at this point. Then I feel him slightly jerk me towards him and he started leading me upstairs. I struggled but it was all of no use. He nearly dragged me up the stairs and when we got to the top he pulled me forward to my room. What if he's going to kill me now? Even though I'm the proxy, as everyone says, he can still kill me. He's supposed to be my protector. Jeff...he was going to keep me safe. He said so himself! He promised me! I can't believe he would lie to me like that! I thought I would be safe with him. I guess I'm just too stupid to realize he's still a killer and always will be. He jerked me into my room and he closed the door behind us. I started to tremble uncontrollably. I tried to stop but it wouldn't work. I was going to die now. I stared down at the floor and sobbed silently.