Chapter 65

*HEY

HEY

HEY

GUESS WAT

ISH ANOTHA CHAPTA OF DA KILLA PROTECTAS (◟◉)

(#intentionalbadgrammar)*

Chapter 65

The mansion was quiet, surprisingly, and I was relaxing, despite that my wounds were getting treated. Jack was dabbing my busted lip with a damp cloth, while I held an ice pack to my jaw. "So," he started, "you got messed up by a bunch of high schoolers, and you got expelled? Today was a terrible day for you."

"No kidding," I grumbled and he scolded me for moving my mouth. "How come you came here after all of that?" he asked me. He moved away the cloth to let me speak and I said, "My parents aren't home yet. And also because I know they'll get mad at me when they see me. I just don't want to see their disappointed faces yet..."

"Well, I'm not a parent but I wouldn't be disappointed," he said as he dabbed at my lip again, "I say that girl deserved it after all she put you through."

"Thanks-."

"Stop moving!" he said and I shut my mouth closed. Jack stopped dabbing and put a bandage over the area of my cut lip. He told me to move my hair back and he started cleaning off the wound on my forehead. "You know," he started, "I've never seen you this beat up before, even with Corrupted. This just kind of goes to show that the average teenage human can be more violent than that of a demon. Once the chance arrives for humans to act like animals, they will gladly take it. They are mammals and it is human nature to kill and destroy just like it is for animals like wolves or tigers or hawks. Though, those animals do it in order to survive and sustain energy. Humans do it in order to survive and eliminate the competition. They want to set a standard. Just like in the Civil War. They killed their own kind in order to get what they wanted. It doesn't matter which side was the good or the bad, they still killed for the same reason: Dominance. To be honest...I'm quite scared of humans."

"Really?" I mumbled in awe.

"Yes. Just because I kill them, doesn't mean that I don't fear them. I may be a monster; a savage being, but they can be truly savage themselves. Monsters kill because they were made that way. It's all they were created to do so, they cannot resist their own being. Humans do it because they have many purposes such as thinking and they can switch on and off their ability to destroy. And because they can think they can learn. From learning they gain knowledge and knowledge is power. Power is dominance over all and when they can't dominate they annihilate. They have a unique mind and can come up with so many things. Torture devices in the Middle Ages is a major example of this. Once the secrets to the human body was discovered people could come up with how to destroy it in the most gruesomest way possible. Those devices were merely entertainment for the ones who were not condemned to sin. It was also to assert dominance. To show that certain people ruled and would kill you if you dared oppose them. Humans are the greatest machine of all. Made to learn, to build, to fight and to destroy once they have that chance. This entire world is established by the morals of these machines. It's a bit easier to understand why it's the mess it is now. Murder, rape, poverty, disease, war. Everything evil you can imagine was created by humans. Demons walk among the Earth, they were never in Hell to begin with."

The room grew quiet which gave me some time to think about Jack's words. Are we really that bad? We kill in order to survive and eliminate the competition. Every single war has been that way. It's not to protect us yet that's how it's been. And, back then, slavery was just a gateway to money and dominance. Today, crimes are committed to set a standard that whoever is the wrongdoer will dominate over the innocent. I'm not like those people though. But...I can't really say that. Today, I was driven by anger and I nearly killed people. I'm an animal and everyone else is too. And, I'm afraid of my own kind, now that I think of it clearly. But what is scaring me more right now is whether I should really save humanity, or let it fall. If we're really that bad...then I don't see why we deserve to be saved. But, I know there is a reason why we have to be. It's just not as clear as the bad things are. Hopefully I can find it.