Chapter 40

*WATCH ATTACK ON TITAN! IT'S A BADASS SHOW! I WANNA JOIN THE SURVEY CORPS AND KILL TITANS NOW!!!! YOU WON'T GET THAT UNTIL YOU WATCH IT! GO NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! THAT BE ALL.*

Chapter 40

It's been a couple of days. It's the weekend, which means I can spend most of my time at the mansion, watching over Jeff or working with Ben. But mostly I'll probably work on just getting sleep. I haven't had a good nights rest in weeks. My concern for Jeff is off the charts and I keep wondering if he'll die while I'm sleeping. I don't want to wake up one morning and find that he's gone forever. But I don't want to be there when he dies either, not that he will. There's no progress on his condition so that's bugging the hell out of me. I'm so desperate for something that I'll take any sign of the slightest change. Even if it's a bad change...

I was walking down the stairs and into the living room. Masky and Hoodie were playing cards while Jack played with Sally. I said good morning to them and they said it back to me. I walk into the kitchen and find Grinny in there. He was chowing down on a little breakfast. I walk up to him and give him a gentle scratch. He meows and gives me a happy little grin. I smile down at him and grab an apple to eat. I'm not that hungry this morning. I'm not even that hungry anymore at all. My appetite is going because of all the stress on my shoulders. I'll be lucky to pig out today.

I sat on the floor with Grinny and ate my apple while he ate his own food. Once he was done he climbed onto my shoulders and wrapped around the back of my neck like a scarf. I chuckled and get up to walk around some more. I walk out the front door and take a stroll through the woods. I make sure not to go too far or else Slendy will scold me. I bite into my apple and take off a piece for Grinny to have. It's cold out but the sun is still shining beautifully. I finished my apple and threw it to the ground so whatever kind of bugs could decompose it. Grinny and I made it to the field I trained in and laid in the tall grass. He purred as he was curled up next to my head. His tail patted my head gently and with a rhythm that made me long for sleep to come.

I fell asleep in the grass with Grinny by my side. As I was asleep I dreamt of Jeff. I dreamt of him finally waking up, hugging me and laughing with me. I dreamt of him reuniting with Smile and playing with him in the yard. I dreamt of him messing around with everyone here. I even dreamt of headlines saying "Killer On The Loose Once Again". And with every mind thought image my heart grew weaker and weaker with heartbreak, desperation, and fear. Fear of losing the only one I'll ever love.

Jeff's POV

"Good morning my Sunshine," I said to her as she opened her eyes. Ellie rubbed her eyes and yawned cutely. She stared at me for a few moments and then turned the other way to go back to sleep. I frowned and tried turning her back around but she wouldn't budge. I decided to try another tactic and get off the bed. I walked to the other end of the room and ran forward towards the bed. I jumped up and landed hard on Ellie's sleeping figure. She yelled at me and punched my stomach. I groaned and faceplanted onto my pillow.

At the last moment I pounced on Ellie and she yelped. I kissed her face and she acted as if the kisses were a deadly weapon. In a way they are. She smacked me upside the head and I stopped. I hugged her tightly and she hugged back. With a swift movement I cupped her face into my hands and kissed her soft pink lips. She hesitated at first but kissed back. I held the kiss for as long as I could before the both of us needed air. She gave me a smile that made me blush. "Wanna lay in bed all day?" I asked her innocently. She chuckled and shook her head. "I have training today," she said. I pouted and let her off the bed. Since we were in her room she got her clothes from her dresser and went to the bathroom to change.

"Wait where are you going," I called. She turned around and said, "I'm gonna go change."

"In there?" I asked and pointed to her bathroom. She nodded and I laughed. "Come on darling, don't be insecure. Just change in front of me. I am your boyfriend after all. What's to be embarrassed about?"

Her face turned red and she shook her head. I chuckled and got up. I walked up to her and said, "If it helps I'll change with you." Her face got even more red and she said, "Hell no that's even worse!"

"Come on you've already seen me without a shirt and even seen me without pants. This isn't gonna kill ya."

"Maybe it will," she said.

"Well would you look at that," I said, "I'm already taking my shirt off."

"What?!"

I barely had my shirt over my head when she slapped my stomach and I yelped. She gave me a smug look and walked to the restroom when I lunged forward and pulled down her shorts. She screamed and I started laughing. "Jeff I'm gonna kill you!" she growled.

"Hey that's my job," I said jokingly and snapped my fingers repeatedly. She started towards me and I ran out of the room. She chased me throughout the mansion and I was just laughing with glee. Not because of the thrill of the chase but because Ellie never put her shorts back on so she was basically running around in her underwear. It wasn't until everyone stared at her did she notice. She blushed madly while Ben, Masky, Hoodie and Jack stared. "I'm just gonna say this now," Ben said, "but-GOOD LAWD ALMIGHTY! HOT DAYUM!" She growled and started chasing everyone else expect for Slendy and Sally, who watched idly. I hid from her in one of the rooms and as I sat in silence I heard noises. Odd and irregular noises. The sounds of machines clicking and whirring softly.

I looked around the room to see if there was a source to it but there was nothing that could make those noises.

Click, click.....beep....click