Chapter 18

*I AM BACK BITCHES!*

Chapter 18

I said good-bye to everyone as I walked into the woods. Sally let me keep that Fluttershy figurine when I told her she could have it back. She said she had enough toys which is odd for a child her age to say since they always beg for more when it's already too much to have. But she was sweet so I could understand that. She was a bit scary at first but I realized she's just a little girl. Slendy got my stuff ready and I had changed and left soon after. Jeff was coming along with me since he was still my protector. I could tell he was still a bit upset after that argument he had with Ben. As I walked through the forest with Jeff by my side. Ben's words echoed through my head. 'Home is not a safe place right now', 'She'll just get her parents killed', 'She can't live a normal life. She's not normal now and she never will be. Ever.'

I know I'm not normal. I've never felt normal. Not even in my own home have I felt normal. But after all of this how can I tell what is normal and what isn't? And what is a safe place? All I can think of is home but Ben said it wasn't. Why? Could I just be leading danger into my own home? I've been leading Jeff and Smile in, and they're both the very embodiment of danger! Especially Jeff. Maybe I'm the real danger. Ian got hurt because of me, whether it was my fault or not. I was too naive. And now more people will get hurt because of me. Including my very own parents. As soon as I step foot back in my house their lives are at risk. I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad will happen to one of them. And it will be my fault for coming back home.

I turned to Jeff and said, "Could I really get my parents killed if I go back?" He gave me a surprised look and groaned, "Don't listen to all the crap Ben said back there. Nobody's gonna get hurt. I promise."

"How can you be sure," I muttered. He frowned. "Don't start this with me, Ellie. Just trust me." I nodded slowly and kept walking, feeling bad about questioning him like that. I just felt nervous and concerned for my parents' safety is all. I love them to death and if something were to happen to them I would die. I don't want to lose anyone I love. Jeff lead me back to my house eventually and I was nervous. What if things are awkward? What if they ground me for running off? It wasn't technically running away but that'll have to be my excuse. I can't tell them a bunch of monsters kidnapped me and gave me hospitality. I'd make myself look insane. It's the only excuse I have. And if I say some random criminal kidnapped me I'll be sending police on a wild goose chase for someone who doesn't even exist. I don't know what to tell them when I come inside. I'll just have to hope they don't question me too much.

Jeff left me at my doorstep. I sighed, realizing that I could've lied better with him around. I rang the doorbell instead of opening the door with my spare key. I didn't want to come in myself. After a few seconds I heard the door unlock and it opened. My mother was standing right in front of me and once she saw me she leaped out at me, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back as she started crying into my shoulder. I saw my dad come out and see what the commotion was. Like my mom he came over and hugged me. I was happy to be in their embrace again but also still very very worried.

...

My dad contacted the police, saying to call off the search now that I'm back. Of course they had to check to make sure. Two officers and one detective came over and asked me questions. They asked me where I went, who took me and if they did anything to me. I told them I was in the forest the entire time. I told them that I was being followed and that the pursuer drove me into the forest. I told them that he stopped following me and that I was lost out there until I found my way out. They asked if it was the killer that was on the lose. They were referring to Jeff. I told them that I wasn't sure because I was in too much of a panic to see if it was him. The detective thanked me for telling them everything and they soon left. My mom and dad were relieved but concerned about my health now. My mom made me take medicine, saying that I could've gotten some kind of pathogen out there. I kept telling her I was fine but she didn't believe me and kept making me take medicine.