Chapter 66

*THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO MY FRIEND Deianyra215. SHE'S AMAZING AND HAS BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH. HER LIFE HASN'T BEEN THE BEST BUT NOW SHE'S BETTER!!! CONGRATS, PANDA, YOU MADE IT THROUGH HELL! :D I'M PROUD OF YOU, BRAH! *cries from ultimate joy* I'M HAPPY AND SO IS SHE AFTER SO MANY YEARS. MEH FEELS. XD A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR HER! *claps like a seal* ENJOY THE CHAPTER GUYS AND YOU TOO, PANDA BUDDY. c: STAY CREEPY, MY FRIENDS!~*

Chapter 66

Jeff's POV

Smile was messing around in the snow outside, while I sat against a tree watching him. I sighed, the cold air turning my breath visible. Things have been...weirder than usual lately. Well, at least with Ellie. It's been two days since she was expelled. She's...she's paranoid almost all of the time and it scares me. And she's back to doing that thing where she mumbles things to herself. I try to figure out why she's so spooked but every time I start to make a conversation with her she gets shaky. I'm always forced to leave her alone for a while and I can't stand it anymore. Something is wrong and I need to figure it out.

Without noticing, Smile had leaped up and knocked the wind out of me. I fell over and the mutt started licking my face. "You idiot," I chuckled and scratched his head. Smile barked and let me sit up again. His fur was flaked with snow and my hair was too. I blew a few strands out of my face and got up. Elizabeth is at her parents' house and I desperately want to visit her but I know she'll just keep freaking out. I groaned out loud and leaned against a tree. "Ellie is being so weird. Are all girls like this, Smile?"

He just stared at me as I kept going. "I mean, come on. I only want to help her but she keeps running away! It's like she's afraid of me. I know I'm a creepy lookin' son of a bitch but seriously! Girls are just so- uggh why?! No wonder I'm not meant for relationships. This is frustrating. I bet normal guys don't go through this. Do they? The whole girl thing is not in our nature. We don't worry about fashion. We don't worry about what Becky from the office says. We don't PMS and rant about why the sky is blue. We don't have those curves and shit. And we don't have bosoms- why the fuck do girls say they hurt?! I get kicked in the nads and it's like a part of me dies. Girls are weird! Why is it in our nature to like them? I could just turn gay right here and now! I'll do it Smile! I can do it! Ben would be up for it- NO WAIT! See what girls do to me, Smile?! Don't fall in love, boy. It's some weird shit. Uggggghhhh!!! Anyways...what was I talking about before?"

Smile laid down and covered his head with his paws, making a noise that sounded like a groan. I sighed and rubbed my temples. "I just...I don't even know, boy. I haven't been myself. Ellie is...she's just so gorgeous and sweet and so badass! Why do people hate her? She's amazing and here I am fussing over her. It pains me to see her so spooked over something I don't know about. She means so much to me and I just want to make her happy and make her smile. I would do so many things for her. I've never felt this way about anybody, and I mean anybody, before. Hell, I barely kill anymore! Back then, that was I all I would do to take my mind off of my own problems. Killing helped me and now that I have Ellie it's like it barely matters to me anymore. No one could ever make me feel that way about ending lives. I don't know what I'd do without her. I'd probably be some lonely noob. Though the lonely part isn't true anymore. What should I do?"

Smile just stared at me and I realized how pointless this was. "God dammit. Why am I asking you, a dog, for advice? I'm so desperate..." I plopped onto the snow and groaned. What am I gonna do? I don't know how to handle this. Think Jeff. Just think! I tried that, before realizing that those gears rusted looooooong ago. "I'm so stupid. What is life?! Am I even a guy?! I shouldn't be acting this way! I'm a cold-hearted killer! Now I'm squealing nervously like a Japanese school girl..."

Smile walked up to me and gave me somewhat of a glare. He suddenly bit down on my head and wouldn't let go. I flailed around, yelling for him to stop but he held on tight. He wasn't trying to maul me. He just does that violent nibble when he gets annoyed with me. "You fucking mutt, stop that!" I yelled at him. Slobber kept soaking my hair and I whined at the gross feeling. "God, why'd I ever take you in?!"