Chapter 17

Chapter 17

 I woke up to the sound of the door opening. I sat up and struggled to open my eyes fully. Finally after a while I could see just fine and I saw a figure in a beige turtle neck jacket. I looked up and saw a mask with black eyes and lips and I smiled once I recognized them. "Masky!" I said, joyfully. I got off of the bed and hugged him. "It's good to see you Elizabeth," he said in his small voice. I pulled back and said, "Are you okay? Last I saw of you, you hit yourself on a rock and passed out." He seemed to go quiet and then he suddenly fell to his knees and bent over, bowing. I looked at him awkwardly as he started muttering "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" over and over again. I giggled and patted his back. "It's okay Masky. I forgive you." He looked up at me and said, "B-but I didn't save you. I failed to rescue you. You must hate me!" I laughed nervously and added, "But I don't. I'm alive aren't I? That's all that matters right?" 

I heard him sniff and wondered if he was actually crying just now. I can't tell because of the mask. He said, "Yes, you're alive. That's good. That's good right?" I nodded and gave him a smile. He laughed nervously and said, "Okay! I'm just very happy to see you in good condition Elizabeth." 

"Call me Ellie," I told him, "I don't want you to bother calling me by my full name." He nodded and said, "Of course Elizabe-I mean...Ellie." I smiled and helped him up. We both sat on the bed I was sleeping on and looked at Jeff. He was still sleeping. I hope the sedative wears off soon. I want to talk to him. "I see Jeff had gone out of control?" Masky spoke up. I nodded and he sighed. "It's definitely not the first time..." he added. I clutched my shirt and mumbled, "I was scared." He looked at me and pulled me into his embrace. I leaned on his chest and closed my eyes. "Hopefully this does not happen again," Masky said and rubbed my head gently. I nodded and opened my eyes. I looked at Jeff again. I want him to wake up already. I don't just want to talk to him, I NEED to talk to him. 

Masky let me go and said, "I'm came here to see if you were okay. I see you are and now I just want to know if you're hungry. I'm sure you are." I nodded and jumped up at the thought of food. He lead me out of the laboratory. As I walked out I looked back at Jeff. I hope he doesn't wake up while I'm gone. I want to be there when he does. We walked through hallways and then down the stairs. In the small corridor there was a doorway leading to a medium sized room. I walked in and saw it was the kitchen. And it looks like I wasn't the only one hungry. Everyone was inside, sitting at a table either eating or just chatting casually. As soon as I walked in everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me. I felt uncomfortable and awkwardly walked with Masky to get breakfast. It was really quiet so I'm guessing they are still looking at me. 

Masky gave me a plate of fluffy pancakes and scrambled eggs that looked very tempting. I thought about eating at the table everyone was at but then it would be really awkward and I knew I wouldn't be able to eat. But I had no other choice as Masky pulled a seat up for me. I sat down quietly and looked at everyone and blushed. This is so weird. I managed to mumble, "Good morning." They all said "Good morning" in unison and they went back to doing what they were doing. I blinked in surprise but then disregarded it and ate my breakfast. Masky was talking with Hoodie and laughing. I saw he was eating cheesecake again. I giggled to myself. He really does love the stuff. I felt something touch my leg and I looked under the table to see Sally. She looked up at me and smiled cutely. She handed me a small object then crawled away to go bug Ben. I looked at the object and saw it was a 'My Little pony' figurine. I think this one was Fluttershy? Yeah, Fluttershy. I did always like this pony the most for some reason. She's just a cute little shy pony. Like Masky, only he's not a pony. 

I placed the figurine next to my plate on the table and kept eating. Once I was done I put my plate away and washed it. I have the habit of doing this, even if I'm not in my own home. I took the Fluttershy figurine and put it my pocket. I didn't really know what to do but go sit in the living room. I sat in silence and thought about my parents. I'm worried for them. I bet my mother is crying and my father is distraught. I felt my throat tighten and I felt like I was going to throw up. I quickly found a bathroom and locked the door. I didn't throw up though, even if the feeling was there. I'm sure it's because of my anxiety. I sighed and looked in the mirror. I looked at my blue eyes and thought of my mom. When something like this happens she's the one that takes it hard. She balls her eyes out for days. That time when I was lost in the woods while playing games with kids she was totally devastated. I thought of her blue eyes full of tears. Her beautiful face contorted into a look of sadness and concern. I hope she's okay. I'm sure dad is helping her through this. He always does.