Chapter 57

*HELLO AGAIN, FELLOW WATTPADDERS. I HAVE A FEELING THAT FEELS WILL EXPLODE AND POP LIKE FIREWORKS TODAY. HOPEFULLY NO ONE DIES. IF SO, BRING THEM BACK TO LIFE WITH A DUCK. WORKS EVERY TIME. TRUST ME, I'M (NOT) A DOCTOR. BUT I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY. STAY CREEPY, MY FRIENDS!~ AND REMEMBER #$WEG (ADDIN' THAT DOLLAR SIGN CUZ I'M SWEEGY LIKE DAT) IDK ._. LATER! CX*

Chapter 57

Jeff's POV

I was out with Toby, searching for a ride back home. So far we've had no luck. We haven't found a car capable of working. Whenever we did find a car it would be broken and rusty. Neither Toby or me have the skills to fix one nor do we have the money for it, so we give up on those. Today we didn't find anything so we decided to turn in and hope to have some luck tomorrow. We can't stay here any longer. Elizabeth's parents need to see her and we need to be back before time runs out. I still remember Death's warning. Zalgo won't wait up, he told me. And we're anything but prepared right now. So we need to hurry, before Zalgo decides to drop in uninvited.

We walked back to the house and went in. I grunted as I plopped down onto the couch and brushed my hair back. "I'm gettin' tired of coming up with nothing," I sighed. Toby nodded and said, "Me too." He walked into the kitchen and I was left alone in the living room.

I got up and walked down the hall to check in on Elizabeth. She's still resting from yesterday. I walk into her room and see Maribel there, injecting a dose of morphine in her arm. I closed the door behind me and whispered, "Is she doing okay?"

Maribel nodded and said as she put the needle away, "Yes. She woke up earlier but was still too weak so she fell unconscious again." I nodded, internally scolding myself for having not been here when it happened. Maribel turned to me and said, "I'm going. Would you like to stay with her?"

"Yes," I said a little too eagerly. She smirked a little and left the room, leaving only me and Ellie. I took off my jacket to put it over the chair I would sit in. I sat down and looked over at Elizabeth's calm, sleeping face, anticipating the moment she wakes up. I looked down and twiddled my thumbs. She looks worn out. She's been through so much and I don't want to cause more problems for her either. I want to stop fighting and having awkward tensions between us. I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend again. She may say no or, she may say yes, but I'll still try.

I put my head down on the edge of her bed and sigh. Drowsiness soon took over me and I was losing to sleep. I didn't fight it though, I've have a long day today. So I fell asleep.

...

I woke up, feeling better and less tense. I yawned and stretched out my arms over my head. I looked down at Elizabeth...who was waking up too.

I nearly squealed with excitement and watched and waited for her to fully wake up. She scrunched up her nose as she rubbed her tired eyes. Cute. Her eyes fluttered open and, to my relief, they were ocean blue. The same ocean blue I love. She opened her mouth to yawn, her whine ending high pitched. So cute. She immediately directed her eyes towards me, being as I was the only other person in the room. She stared at me for a while, giving me a puzzled look. Her face went blank for a couple of seconds until she scowled.

"Don't talk to me," she said. I gave her a confused look for a bit and then remembered what happened. Damn. "Look, Ellie, just hear me out-."

"No!" she said.

"But-!"

"I said no! So don't talk to me! Get out! Now!"

I was hurt. But so was she. And I know trying to reason with her when she's like this would be useless. So I got up and walked out to give her some space. Guess I won't be asking her out anytime soon. I was only drunk. It was a mistake. It meant nothing. But I guess to her it meant everything. I rub the back of my neck and sigh sadly. I'm such a dumbass.