Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Class was drawing to an end. Lunch would start in a few minutes, which meant that I get to see Addie and Johanna. Thank god, I can leave these people. The bell rang and I let the rest of the kids leave. I left when they were all gone and found my way to the cafeteria. I bumped into some people, who weren't too pleased with it. I ignored their insults and kept on. I saw Addie and Johanna at the cafeteria doors, waiting for me. I smiled and walked to them. They greeted me with happy hellos and so did I. Addie cheered and I giggled. Addie is a perky girl with a flamboyant personality. Sometimes she doesn't act her age but she's still a good friend. Her wavy, curly brown hair makes her seem like a little girl but she's only sixteen. I look up at Johanna. She's a tall girl with glasses and dirty blond hair tied into a low ponytail. She's kinda like a mother. She's always there for me and Addie and makes sure we're always okay. If anyone threatens us or hassles us she's the one to bite back and teach them a lesson. I'm a girl with very light skin, black hair and I give off a small demeanor. Compared to Addie I'm the tiniest. Addie just acts small, I on the other hand am actually small. I'm very secluded and shy. That's why Johanna worries for me more because I'm easy to hurt. Please, if she could see what goes on in my mind she would see that I'm capable of doing some hurting of my own.

We walk into the cafeteria together and get in line to grab our food. The food is okay. It's not the best but it's decent. In elementary it was awesome. I used to be pretty plump. But when middle school started I stopped eating all together. The middle school food sucked! I wouldn't touch the stuff even if you tortured me! I became smaller when I didn't eat at school. My mom offered to make me lunches but I kept refusing. Once high school started I ate a little more because the food got better but not as good as elementary's was. I got some of my plumpness back so I'm average now. All that matters is that I'm finally eating again!

We get our food and take a seat somewhere near the back. Addie and Johanna know I don't like to be in the center of a huge room. They know I'll panic so they've learned to sit at the back with me now. I feel like it's a bother to them but they never show anything to let me sense if they don't like it. I'm sure they want to be at least somewhere near the center of the room. There's barely anyone in the back, I'm holding them back from meeting new people. But then again by the time the first semester ends we'll all hate everyone. Still...I hold them back....And I feel guilty for it.

"Ellie?" Johanna asked in a soothing voice, "are you all right? You look down." Ah, damn, let my guard down. Now I'll have to explain. I can't lie. She'll see right through it. She always does. That's just how good she is. I was about to explain when I saw Addie squeal and look at her phone. Johanna and I looked at her, surprised on why she was so suddenly excited. She looked at us with gleaming eyes and said, "I got an update on the news!" Me and Johanna frowned and she pouted. "What?" she asked.

"Since when are you so into the news?" Johanna asked, unamused. Addie smiled and said, "Because! Recently there's been killings around town! I'm super curious on who's behind the whole thing. I just got a report on a man named Jeremy Miles who was killed last night. It says 'Police had found the body of Jeremy around 7:00 p.m. last night. They won't give any details on the scene but all they can say is that it's gruesome.' There's been so many killings! It's like a thing now with the town. I overheard my dad saying that his buddies at work were actually betting on when the next kill will be. I guess Roger will be getting that thirty bucks today." She didn't say anymore as she kept reading more of the update. It worries me that she's interested in this kind of stuff. But then again she is a strange girl and she goes through weird phases. She goes from My Little Pony to The Walking Dead quicker than lightning. She's bipolar when it comes to the things she likes. It's always hard for me to get her a gift on her birthday every year because I never know what she freaking wants at that point!