Chapter 29

*HEY GUYS I HOPED YOU ENJOYED THE LAST CHAPTER. I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE READS, IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME THANK YOU :) AND THANKS FOR THE MANY VOTES AS WELL! ANYHOW I WANT TO TELL YOU ALL THAT THIS CHAPTER MY HIT STRAIGHT TO THE FEELS. AND I DON’T MEAN THAT IN AN ELATED AND FUN WAY. JUST KNOW THAT WHEN READING THIS JUST LOOK CLOSE INTO THE MEANING. IF YOU DON’T HAVE A CLUE THEN DON’T WORRY I WILL SEE YOU AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER KAY? ALL RIGHT AND IF ANY ARE OFFENDED AND HAVING THIS PROBLEM I’M SORRY. BUT JUST KNOW THAT I CARE FOR THOSE STRUGGLING.*

Chapter 29

I woke up in the laboratory, on a bed, in a white shirt and white sweat pants, just like the first night I came here. I sat up but immediately regret ever doing so. I winced as there was a pain all around my torso. I raised up my shirt slightly and saw bandages around my stomach. My arms were covered in patches and I could feel a bandage around my right ankle. I didn’t bother checking where any other bandages were so I just focused on trying to get up. I managed to swing myself over the edge of the bed and carefully slip off.

I groan slightly and shuffle over to the door. I open it and start walking through the halls to head downstairs. On the way over I clung to walls from sudden feelings of dizziness. Once I finally made it downstairs I headed for the kitchen. Only Jack, Ben and Smile were in the room, all of them eating breakfast. Jack and Ben looked up at me while Smile kept chowing down on waffles in his doggy bowl. It was quiet but I didn’t care for it. I was in too much pain to care so I headed for the fridge and grabbed some stuff for cereal.

I poured my cereal and sat at the breakfast table. I could feel Jack and Ben’s eyes still watching me. I looked up at them and gave them a look that meant for them to tell me what’s on their minds. They looked at each other and then suddenly Ben threw up confetti from under the table. I jumped up in my seat and stared at him. “Congratulations!” Ben cheered. Jack laughed and I heard Smile bark. “What?” I said, confused. Jack chuckled and said, “You did good yesterday. Slender’s proud of you and so are we.”

“We knew you’d pull through,” Ben chimed. I was hesitant but I smiled. “Thanks guys,” I said. They nodded and Jack finally noticed that Ben got confetti on his waffles. He reached over, slapped Ben across the face and said, “Don’t use so much confetti next time, you idiot! Now I can’t eat my damn waffles!” Ben mocked him and kept eating his own confetti covered waffles. I gave him a weird look but just kept eating my cereal. After I was done I went into the living room where Sally was playing with her toys. She smiled up at me, said good morning and then went back to playing with her toys. I smiled at how cute she was and sat on the couch.

I turned on the TV and watched a couple of shows. Masky and Hoodie woke up a few minutes after and came down stairs. They sat with me and complimented me on the fight yesterday. Speaking of the fight…what happened to Jeff? Is he all right? I hope so. If not then I never meant to hurt him too much. But I had to take it seriously. As much as it pained me to hurt Jeff I had to win if I was going to be able to come to my full potential as the proxy. I hope Jeff understands that and forgives me for hurting him. I never want to hurt anybody no matter what. Proxy or not I don’t want to be the reason for any harm to anybody. Especially people I care about.

I kept watching TV until I got bored of it and decided to walk off my aches and pains. It didn’t do much good though and the pain stayed. I went back up the stairs and went into my room. My phone was on my nightstand and I turned it on. I had a lot of messages, all from either Addie or Johanna. I want to talk with them desperately. I want to hear Johanna’s calming and assuring voice. I want to hear Addie’s silly jokes and her occasional made up words. I want to see them again and hang out like old times. They were the ones that helped me on my feet when it seemed my whole world around me was falling apart. I still remember it all…it’s vivid to me because it was the worst point in my young and helpless life.