Chapter 26

As I stepped outside I felt the hot summer air seap into my skin, I instantly began to sweat. Then I sprinted over to where Q, Sal and Murr were running throug the sprinklers. Q and Sal were tackling each other while Murr pranced around them. It was a bummer that Joe was sick, but I didn't care, he was coming outside with us now matter how he feels! "I'll be back in a sec, I'm getting Joey," I quickly told the guys as I jogged away. When I reached the front steps Bessy opened the door to leave to work. "Oh, see you later Bessy," I said to her. "Yeah, see you soon, bye Linds,"Bessy answered. I entered the house then went to Joe's room door. I gently knocked, "hello," I said softly. "Hey, is that you Linds, come on in," Joe answers sounding hoarse. I slowly pushed the door open. "Joe, can you please come outside with us, please," I whined. "Well, alright, I'm felling a little better anyways," Joe said crawling out of bed. He put his shoes on and followed me outside. Joe ended up running and wrestling with the other guys. I was glad he was feeling a lot better. Once the guys were done wrestling, I grabbed my volleyball and we all got in a circle. "Ok you hold your hands like this," I explained showing the guys how to hold your hands to hit the volleyball. Q and Sal were both lacing their fingers, and Murr was doing it wrong, Joe almost did it right. I overhand served the ball right to Sal, and he bumped it to Joe who hit it perfectly to Q who hit the ball way behind himself, he went running after the ball as it bounced away. We all started to giggle and laugh becaus every time the ball came to Q, he hit it behind himself, only once Sal hit it behind himself, Joe always hit way to hard so we would make Murr go get the ball. After about 40 minutes of volleyball we just ran through the sprinklers and played tag, I don't know why but we did.