Chapter 10

*****

Wack Wack Golf and Country Club. Nagpapahinga si Warren sa member lounge habang nagkakape kasama ang kanyang kaedarang pinsang si Matthew Wilson.

"Where'sTita? I thought she would join us?" tanong ni Matthew.

"As usual, she went shopping first."

"By the way, Avina mentioned to me that you guys will be travelling to Japan." 

"Yeah. We will meet one of the possible distributor of Luxuria."

"What have you eaten lately? I notice you're getting comfortable with her. Don't tell me your starting to like her already?"

Si Matthew ay isa rin sa mga kababata nina Warren at Avina kaya alam nito kung papaano  hinahabol-habol ng modelo ang pinsan. Kagaya ni Warren habulin din ito ng mga babae dahil sa taglay nitong gandang lalaki. Mayroon itong dugong amerikano. Ipinanganak at lumaki mismo sa Amerika. Umuwi ito ng bansa dahil ito ang naatasang magmana sa pamamahala ng mga negosyo ng kanilang lolo't lola. Mahigit isang taon pa lamang itong naninirahan sa Pilipinas kung kaya't hirap pa rin itong magsalita at umintindi ng tagalog. 

"Everything is pure business between us." direktang sagot ni Warren sa kausap.

"But isn't it a big improvement? You agreed to work with her now."

"It's has nothing to do with personal matters. I needed to admit the fact that she's a big name now and a big help to my company."

"But what's wrong with Avina? Why can't she be your girlfriend? I think you two will look good together. You should be proud that a beautiful woman with status like her is dying to be on your side."

"I'll return the question to you. You're a close friend to her too. if you were in my shoes, do you want to be her boyfriend?" nakangising tanong ni Warren.

Nag-isip ng ilang saglit si Matthew bago sumagot.

"No."

"And why is that?"