Chapter 1

Natsu Dragneel

My lips claimed hers in a gentle rhythm. My breath quickened as the kiss turned into a war; and just as I was about to bite her bottom lip, a hand was placed on my shoulder and it roughly pulled me back.

''What the fuck,''I cursed, looking over my shoulder to see my best friend, Gray Fullbuster. I wiped my lips with my sleeve whilst I glared at him.

The girl covered her flush faced with one hand and waved shyly at me before speeding off. I glanced at her then turned fully to face Gray. ''What was that for?''

''Enough is enough, Natsu. For fuck sakes, you have Lisanna. Why do you keep living up to this title these people gave you?'' Gray shook his head.

I couldn't answer. I didn't know why either, to be honest. I just.. try to make other people happy. I wish for everyone's happiness. And if this is what everyone sees me as, then I'll do what I can to make what they see come true.

The silence made Gray sigh. ''I just came to tell you that Lisanna is looking for you.''

Lisanna Strauss. My girlfriend.

We've been dating for a while now. I would be lying if I said I didn't like her. But my actions show otherwise.

I don't really know what I'm doing.

''Okay, mind telling me where she is then?'' I asked, starting to walk off to search for her.

Gray came to walk alongside me. ''She's waiting outside the school. You know, you told her to wait there.''

''I did?''

Gray smacked my head playfully. ''What the hell are you doing, man? I thought you liked Lisanna. I really don't understand you.''

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye before staring back in front of me. ''I don't either.'' I mumbled.

As we reached the front building, screams filled the halls and a crowd of people were gathered around the exit. The ambulance and a fire truck were visible through the window, causing both me and Gray to stop.

''What the hell is going on?'' I whispered to myself. Gray strolled up to the window to get a better look.

I slowly went to follow him but came to a halt once he yelled, ''Natsu! It's Lisanna! She got hit by a car!'' He quickly glanced back at me with shaky eyes as he waved me over.

''What?!'' No, no, no. Is she dead? She can't be.

I ran up to the crowd that blocked the exit, pushing everyone out of my way. I clenched the door handle with my hand, pushing the door open. The breeze slapped me in the face as I frantically scanned where the paramedics were. Then my eyes landed on them, and then the unconscious body in their hands.

I let go of the handle and sprinted towards them, crouching down near Lisanna's body. ''Is she okay?!'' I questioned, grabbing her cold hand. ''Please, tell me that she's okay..''

''Sir, please move out of the way.'' One of them instructed, both him and someone else lifting her up to put her on the gurney; which forced me to let go of her hand.