Chapter 14

[TRIGGER WARNING; ATTEMPTED SUICIDE.]

Juvia Lockser

It's been two days since Natsu's birthday and now it's the 31st of December, in other words New Year's Eve. When the clock reaches midnight, it'll officially be a new year. A lot of people follow the tradition of making resolutions for themselves to complete in the new year, to create a new them.

I always found that little tradition cute, but deep down I found it both stupid at the same time. I believe that if you're going to change, there shouldn't be a specific date to do it. It's now or never.

And that's how I decided to put my mindset in order to see that guy again and actually be able to talk to him. I want to know more about him. Ever since I've seen him, this feeling of mine wouldn't go away.

The opportunity to do this came when we were informed that for New Years they're not doing a huge celebration like how they did for the Holidays, but they're allowing everyone to walk around and do whatever after class. The Principal said that we may be doing fireworks outside of the school.

But watching the fireworks was on the bottom of my priority list. Right now, it was after class. Me and Gray were strolling around the courtyard, seeing a few people heading to the dormitory area.

''Gray, tell me if you see him, okay?'' I glanced at him then continued to scan the area for the light green haired male.

''Mhm..'' Gray mumbled, weakly looking around. 

''Sorry. This is probably boring, right?'' I laughed a bit, noticing his behavior.

Gray's eyes landed over at me and he shook his head slightly. ''Don't worry about it.'' He calmly responded.

''Alright..''  We both kept searching around, but we couldn't see him anywhere. I sighed, about to go check somewhere else when the door to the building we were about to enter opened in our faces.

The person I was desperately seeking for was standing there with someone else. The other individual had spiky silver hair and sharp black eyes. He seems to be his friend, considering that he had his arm around the light green haired boy.

''Oh.'' He muttered, smiling politely and stepping aside. ''Sorry, go on ahead.''

He's so nice.. and handsome..

I cleared my throat before I became memorized by his appearance. ''Actually, Juvia's been looking for you.''

''Why would you be looking for him, girly?'' The silver haired one asked.

Remember, it's now or never.

''Juvia was.. wondering if she could be friends with you! Ever since she bumped into you the other day, you seemed like a really nice person and she just wanted to get to know you.''

''Ooo. Sounds interesting, mermaid.'' The silver haired one commented, taking his arm off of the light green haired guy.

He glared at his friend then smiled at me. ''Alright. Well, nice to meet you. My name is Freed and he's my best friend, Lyon. And I'm assuming your name is Juvia, right? Considering you're talking in third person..''

Freed.. His name is Freed..

''Yeah, it is! Sorry, it's a bad habit of Juvia's.. sorry if it's annoying..'' I explained awkwardly, hoping that he didn't find me weird or anything. 

Freed laughed a bit. ''No, it's actually pretty cute.'' 

My face heated up in embarrassment. ''Um.. anyways, this is Gray, a childhood friend of mine.'' I pointed my hands over to him. He had his arms folded and was looking away as if he was disinterested.