Chapter 20

Juvia Lockser

Today is the 18th of January.

Yesterday, Freed had told me to meet him after class in the courtyard. Although his classmates had warned me about him and Lyon, I'm choosing to believe in the two of them.

I can't believe the rumors. I'm sure that it's all a lie.

The uneasiness and anxiety I was feeling consumed my brain as I sat on the bench, tapping my foot patiently against the ground.

Suddenly, I heard the swift opening and closing of a door along with the brief sound of footsteps making their way towards me. Glancing to the side, my eyes immediately set on Freed who sat carefully next to me.

My anxiety increased, making my heart feel like it was running a marathon. What does he even have to tell me?

''Hello.'' Freed smiled gently, looking at me.

''Uh, hi, Freed.''

''So..'' He gazed around before standing up. ''Come with me.''

He then made his way behind a tree near one of the buildings. I got up, following after him as adrenaline ran through my veins.

What does he have to tell me? Is he really lying to me? Does Lyon actually hate me?

''Um.. Freed-'' I was cut off by him pushing me back against the tree and closing the space between us by placing his lips on mine.

The action sent my mind into overdrive as he kissed me passionately, my eyes fluttering close as I returned it in the heat of the moment.

He then pulled away, but kept the distance between us at a minimum while staring directly at me.

Did that just happen?

I licked my lips, the sensation of him kissing me still lingering around. My cheeks were heating up, my heart threatening to leap out of my chest.

''Be my girlfriend, Juvia,'' Freed whispered, his eyes still locked on me.

I hesitated for a moment. There's no way what those two said could be true. But..

''O-Of course. Juvia would love to be your girlfriend.'' Why is it still bothering me then?

Lucy Heartfilia

''Shut up, gay pants. No one cares what you have to say.''

''If you don't shut up I'm going to punch you.''

I giggled quietly at the two best friends bickering as the three of us walked towards the exit of the building.

''Luce wouldn't let you! She'll protect me, won't you Luce?'' Natsu looked over at me, smiling.

Butterflies were having a party in my stomach as I answered. ''Hm, maybe. I'm not too sure.''

''That's a no. Looks like you're going to have to stop being a pussy.'' Gray chimed in.

''I'm only being a pussy because you'll never get any!'' Natsu retorted.

I started laughing along with Gray. ''Dude, that doesn't even make any sense!'' He replied.

We pushed open the doors of the exit, stepping outside into the courtyard. ''It makes perfect sense, guess you don't have any brains either.''

''Even if that was true, you can't talk! You're a below average student!'' Gray pointed out.

''So are you, but Luce isn't! She can teach me.''

''As if she would ever want to tutor you.'' Gray chuckled.