Chapter 15

Erza Fernandes

All I could hear was the ticking of a clock as I woke up from my slumber. My eyes adjusted to my surroundings, seeing that I was in a hospital room; which caused me to immediately jerk up from the bed.

The events that happened all flashed in my mind. From attempting to swallow the sleeping pills, being restrained by Natsu, Levy running out to get help, and the warmth of Lucy's embrace.

''Ah, you're awake, miss. How are you feeling?'' A nurse questioned, her hand placed on the door as she slowly stepped inside the room.

I quietly stared at the nurse before opening my mouth to speak. ''W-Why.. am I here?''

''You don't remember?'' She asked, frowning. The nurse squeezed the top of the clipboard in her hands. ''Sweetie, you tried to overdose on sleeping pills.. it's a good thing that you were stopped in time.''

I licked my lips, not knowing what to say in response. Then.. that means..

''.. A relative of yours is waiting outside. He said that he's your brother. He told me that your parents will be coming to see you soon.''

Shit.. shit.. shit!

''Let him in then.. I guess..'' I mumbled, holding onto the bed sheets tightly. The nurse nodded then walked out of the room to go get him.

Why does it have to be like this?

Jellal trudged into the room, lifting his head up to peer directly at me. His brown eyes held a mixture of emotions but the most evident ones were gloom and relief.

The nurse followed in after him then bowed her head. ''I'll leave you two alone to talk, but I'll be coming back soon to give you a shot, miss.'' She strode out.

I listened to what she said but didn't look up to meet Jellal's gaze. I'm so scared.

The bed dipped and soon I felt a pair of arms wrap around me tightly. My eyes widened slightly as Jellal held me in his embrace. I stayed silent, slowly reaching to place my arms around him.

''You have no idea how worried I was, Erza.'' His voice sounded hoarse as if he's been screaming. My chest felt heavy.

I made him feel this way.

''I've been waiting in this hospital filled with bacteria for God knows how long just for you to wake up. Why Erza? Why would you do this to yourself?'' Jellal slowly took his arms off of me but grabbed both of my wrists with his hands, staring up at me. 

Our faces were so close but I felt like breaking down into tears. I turned my gaze, looking down at the ground.

''Erza?'' He whispered, sounding desperate for an answer.

''I-I can't tell you..'' I mumbled, closing my eyes.

''.. Why not..? Did I do something? O-Or it's too painful to say..?'' Jellal questioned.

''I.. just can't tell you. Or our parents.'' I reverted my eyes back towards him. ''Don't take it personally. I have nothing against you.. It's just, if I tell you.. it'll ruin everything.'' I swallowed the lump in my throat. ''You didn't do anything wrong. We're still.. best friends.. and siblings.. if you did something, I would tell you..''