Chapter 4

Lucy Heartfilia

I had arrived at the boarding school earlier than expected, and I couldn't really think of what I was supposed to do from that point forward.

Which means I just awkwardly stood there, the handle of my suitcase in my hand, and stared down at the neatly folded piece of paper in my other hand.

I already read it like five times.

Sighing, I began walking and pulled my suitcase along with me. I needed to ask around for help or else I'll just idly stand there.

But I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time. I should read the paper over again then.

I came to a halt, only for someone to walk straight into me and stumble back. Fortunately, she caught her balance before falling onto the ground.

''Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention!'' I apologized, regret immediately filling up inside of me.

''No, no, it's fine! I wasn't really paying attention on where I was going either.'' She assured me, smiling politely. The girl was way shorter than me, and had blue hair along with vibrant hazel eyes. She wore red thick rimmed glasses and had her hair tied up in a ponytail.

''Actually, do you know anyone named Erza Fernandes? I've been looking for her ever since I came here, she's my roommate apparently.'' The girl suddenly asked.

''No, I'm new here.. and I'm assuming you are too, right?''

''Yeah, I am. Are you having trouble figuring out what to do? Oh, and my name is Levy.''

''Yes, I've read this paper five million times and I still couldn't figure out where I'm supposed to go. My name is Lucy.'' I explained with a hint of frustration in my voice.

''Well, Lucy, I don't know where the dorms are but I can show you where the classroom is. I'm guessing you're in the same class I am since we're both new, right? Although no one was there when I went there earlier.''

''Anything is fine. Thank you so much.''

I followed Levy to the classroom. I made sure to keep track of my surroundings, in order to remember where to go when I have to go to the classroom.

Once we entered the classroom, I saw a young lady with snow white hair and dark blue eyes. There was another young lady who was short, shorter than Levy and has pale blonde hair with lifeless green eyes. Along with the two ladies there was a short old man with a white mustache and beard.

''Ah, you two are some of the new students.'' The blonde haired one stated, admiring our presence. 

The old man started having a nosebleed. ''They are.. indeed.. our new students..''

''Um..'' Levy mumbled uncomfortably. 

''Allow us to introduce ourselves. I'm Mavis, the principal of the school.'' The blonde haired lady, who's apparently the principal, started. She pointed at the old man. ''This is Makarov, the assistant principal. And she,'' She pointed at the white haired woman who smiled sweetly at us. ''Is Ms. Mirajane Strauss, who will be your teacher during your time here.''

''It's a pleasure to meet all of you.'' I greeted politely. Levy nodded in agreement.

''Um..'' Levy stepped forward. ''May I ask for directions to the dorms? Me and Lucy have no idea where it is.. and, also, will we be attending classes starting tomorrow?''

''Of course, Ms. Strauss here could show you to the dorms. To answer the latter question, yes, classes will be starting tomorrow for you new students.'' Mavis, the principal, answered.

''Thank you so much!'' Levy told them before we stepped out with Ms. Strauss. The both of us followed her to the dorms. It was located left from outside of this building, take a right then there it is. This place is pretty big. It was actually making me a little uneasy.

''This is the girl's dorm. Now, no sneaking into the boy's dorms!'' Ms. Strauss giggled teasingly, pointing at the boys dorms which were on the opposite side. She waved at us before taking her leave. 

Both me and Levy waved back then stepped into the dorms. I unfolded my paper, searching for my dorm number. 

Lucy Heartfilia - Juvia Lockser, Dorm 102.

I looked at the map on the wall, seeing that the dorm was situated upstairs on the right. I turned to Levy, who was busy reading the paper in her hands.

''Uh.. Levy, thank you for helping me. I appreciate it.'' 

She peered up and gave me a warm smile. ''No.. it was nothing, I was lost as well. I'll see you tomorrow then?''

''Yeah. See you tomorrow.'' I told her before heading up the stairs, pulling my suitcase behind me. I turned to the right and looked for the number plate that said 102.

My eyes landed on the door with the number plate I was searching for next to it. I took out a key I was given beforehand, using it to open the door.

The lights were off as I strolled into the room, pulling my suitcase in along with me. I flipped the light-switch on, the room brightening up.

I picked the bed on the left side of the room before using all the strength I had to lift my suitcase onto the bed. I zipped it open and began unpacking everything I had in there. 

After taking out a bunch of my clothes, my prescription bottles that were beneath the pile of clothes were revealed. 

It should be time to take them, right? It's getting late.

I could feel my chest tightening and I opened all seven bottles. Putting the pills into my hands, I went to get a glass of water and popped the pills into my mouth; washing it down with the water.

The pain lessened as I closed the bottles and put them back into the suitcase. I went ahead and folded my clothes, putting them in the empty drawers next to my bed. 

I then took out my school supplies, putting them inside my book bag organized and neatly. I zipped my book bag close then set it down next to my bed. 

I'll finish unpacking tomorrow. 

Zipping my suitcase close, I slowly pulled it off of my bed to avoid using too much strength. I could hear the door slowly creak open and I turned my head to see a pale, blue haired girl strolling in with her suitcase.

''Oh,'' She smiled at me. ''Are you Juvia's roommate, Lucy Heartfilia?''

''That's me.. then that means that you're my roommate?'' 

''Yes, Juvia Lockser is the name.'' She closed the door behind her, walking to the empty bed on the right side of the room.

''Ah.. that's a pretty name.'' I complimented, sitting on my bed.

''Thank you very much, Juvia appreciates the compliment.'' She started to unpack her belongings.

Why is she talking in third person? It's odd, but I don't mind it.

''Uh.. may I ask, why are you talking in third person?'' I asked her.

''Sorry, it's a bad habit.'' 

''Ah.. I was just wondering.'' I told her, getting up from the bed and taking out my pajamas from my drawers and a towel. ''I'm going to go take a shower.''

Juvia nodded and I strolled into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I peered at myself through the mirror, seeing that there were bags and dark circles under my brown eyes. My blonde hair looked untouched, it was combed neatly.

Aunt Laki and Uncle Mystogan.. why did you guys send me here? I admit, living in that household was stressing and the constant comments Uncle Mystogan threw at me made me depressed but.. I don't know how I feel about these people I've met.

And what am I supposed to do about my heart problems if I'm here? What if I end up needing to go to the hospital again? Will my teenage hood be taken away as well? My childhood was already taken away from me because of these health issues.. and because of school.