Chapter 35

CHAPTER 35 - THE FINAL CHAPTER

Date: 8 years later..

💜 NARRATOR'S POV 💜

''Hey Lulu!'' Levy greeted excitedly over the phone line. ''I have some good news, you're not going to believe it!''

''What is it?'' Lucy asked in a soft voice, holding her phone up to her ear with her shoulder as she worked.

''I'd rather tell you in person. Can I come over?''

''Sure, of course. I'll invite Gray and Juvia too, I haven't seen them in a while.''

''Great!'' Lucy could practically hear Levy smiling. ''I'll see you.. 7 o clock, how does that sound?''

''Sounds cool, see you then.''

. . .

Lucy used her free time after making dinner to continue writing her book. After graduating from Fairy Tail boarding school, she earned a bachelor's degree at her dream university then became a published author. She now has two books selling in stores and libraries and is currently working on her third.

Natsu arrived home, opening the door quietly to not disturb his wife. He knew these days she's been busy writing and tries his best to make the house a peaceful thought-provoking environment for her.

He saw her working at her desk, walking up behind her. He wrapped his arms around her, kissing her hair. ''Hey baby.''

Natsu could feel her smile as she grabbed his arms, holding them. ''Hey, how was work?''

''Tiring. They assigned me more patients to take care of.''

After high school, Natsu was clueless on what to do for a while but he finally decided to go back to school and complete a degree to become a cardiologist. He's always had a knack for helping people, and considering his wife has heart problems he wanted to know what to do in case anything happened.

But fortunately, nothing major has so far.

''You'll be fine, Natsu. You're great at what you do.''

''So are you. Speaking of, when are you going to give me a sneak peek?'' Natsu asked, chuckling.

''You will when I'm almost done with the book. Oh, also, I invited Gray and Levy over. They're probably going to bring Gajeel and Juvia.''

''And to think I came home tonight expecting alone time with my wife.'' He pouted.

Lucy laughed, standing up to kiss him. ''Keep it in your pants, Dragneel.''

''I-'' Natsu was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. ''Damnit. This isn't over, Luce.''

She winked at him as he went over to open the door. Gray stepped inside holding his son in his arms along with a pregnant Juvia right after him.

For Gray, he ironically had became a firefighter after high school. Him and Juvia had a kid who was now a toddler, and they were now expecting another. Juvia, despite being a busy mother, opened a bakery. The two were still waiting to tie the knot.