Chapter 23

Chapter 23 - ''Returning''

Erza Fernandes

After the carnival I've been spending my weekend packing up and getting ready to go back to Fairy Tail Academy. I finally made my decision.

I want to stay. There's nothing for me at home. But here I have Jellal.

Even though what he did at the carnival was weird.. I was so sure that he was going to kiss me. But I must be imagining things. I'm his sister and that's what he sees me as. His little sister. I can't go thinking for one second that he feels otherwise like me.

I'm the only one with feelings here. Jellal has never felt any different towards me, never has and never will.

And that's the way things will always be. I need to accept it and move on with my life.

I pulled my suitcase, opening the door to my dorm. My roommate, Levy McGarden, was standing in front of the mirror combing her hair.

She jumped once she saw me from the corner of her eye. ''E-Erza!''

''Hi.'' I greeted, stepping inside the room and closing the door behind me.

''You're okay.. I'm so glad.'' Levy stated faintly with a look of relief on her face.

''Yeah. Um,'' I lifted my suitcase onto my bed before turning to face her direction. ''I'm sorry about how I acted towards you before. I remember you being there to help. Thanks.''

''It's n-not a problem but.. are you okay?'' She asked cautiously, seeming to be afraid that I was going to go off on her.

''I'm okay now thanks to you. And the others.. I should really thank them.''

''Natsu and Lucy?'' Levy questioned. ''You can thank them at breakfast. They're going to be so happy to see you.''

''Really? But I didn't even talk to them.''

''Well, now's your chance.'' Levy stated with a smile. ''They're nice people.''

''Thanks again Levy. I feel bad for being a bitch towards you before.. I hope we can start over.'' I suggested hopefully.

''I'd love that!'' Levy expressed cheerfully.

I gave her a slight smile before opening my suitcase and taking out my uniform and towel. Heading into the bathroom, I took a shower and got ready for the day. I didn't take too long, it felt like only five minutes passed.

Borrowing Levy's comb with her permission I used it to run through my hair and smooth it out. As I finished up I grabbed my bag and headed out the door with my roommate, we decided to go to the cafeteria for breakfast first.

Once we entered we got in lines to receive the most important meal of the day. I followed behind Levy as she lead me to the table where the people I wanted to thank were sitting at.

The two were close with Natsu's arm around Lucy. They looked like a couple.

Are they dating?

''Hey Erza, it's great to see you back. How've you been?'' Natsu asked, glancing up at me. I slowly sat down across from them as Levy mimicked my actions.

''I've been good. I wanted to thank you and Lucy for saving me back then. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys..'' I rubbed the back of my neck. It felt weird saying that. They already know about my depression although they're just strangers and that fact made me somewhat uncomfortable.

''We're just hope you're okay. You really surprised us all there. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here.'' Lucy offered.

''Thanks for the offer..''