Chapter 22

Chapter 22 - ''Rekindle''

Gray Fullbuster

I looked all around the carnival for her but for some reason it was like she disappeared, I couldn't find her anywhere.

Freed probably already found her.. it's useless.

No, I can't think like that. Natsu is right. I can't let his push be for nothing.

I forced myself to keep going, letting my eyes carefully search the area for just a glimpse of blue hair. Anything that related to Juvia.

Come on Juvia.. I can't stand this feeling anymore. 

I kept walking now out of breath from all the running I did before. I was getting tired but I couldn't give up. 

I'm done with giving up.

Life doesn't wait up for anyone, I have to make my decisions and quick before it's too late.

Even though it already is too late in this case.. but I still have to fix this.

My eyes finally caught the person that I was looking for. She was sitting alone by herself on a bench, staring down at the ground with her hands in her lap.

Juvia..

I felt like my heart was about to jump out my chest in fear. This is it. I can do this.

On my way over to her I could feel her eyes on me but she didn't move or even look up at me, she just sat still. 

I slipped into the seat next to her on the bench. There was this awkward tense moment of silence and neither of us dared to break the ice.

Come on, say something!

''I'm sorry, Juvia.'' 

''Then why did you do this.'' She immediately responded, gazing up and over at me. ''Why have you been ignoring me?''

She's not speaking in third person. That means I really fucked up.

''I.. don't mean to be dramatic or anything,'' Juvia started. ''But I'm hurt. You're my best friend, Gray. And lately you haven't been there for me. You've obviously been ignoring me.''

''I have.'' I admitted.

''We've always done everything together, Gray. We went through Hell and back. I just don't understand.. what did I do?'' Juvia asked in pain, there were tears in her eyes. ''What did I do?'' She repeated once again, looking at me for an answer.

''You didn't do anything Juvia,'' I stared at her. ''It's all me.''

''It's hard to believe that when you take it out on me. So then what's wrong with you? What's your problem?'' Juvia questioned. 

''I've just been having issues.''

''You're always fucking having issues, Gray.'' She snapped in anger. ''I don't understand, you know that I'll be there for you, no questions asked. Why can't you do the same?''

''I've done the same all along Juvia. You know that. I've been there for you during all those times your parents hit you.. and yelled at you..'' I gulped at the end of my sentence. Her past has always been a sensitive topic, I didn't want to make her even more mad at me.

''This isn't the same Gray!'' Juvia got up and stood in front of me. ''This time it's different. I'm not there anymore. They won't hurt me here. And for once in my life I'm actually happy. I have a boyfriend.. yet you aren't there to celebrate with me, you're just busy pretending that I don't exist and leaving me out of everything.''