Chapter 17

[Hi everyone. I'm sorry for getting this out so late. I've been wanting to write, really. But whenever I find the time to I couldn't find the right words and overall put the chapter together. However, that's not the point of this. I want to thank all of you for the crazy amount of support on this! To others it may appear small, but it means the world to me and I hope you continue to enjoy this fan fiction. Also, I was tagged by @Demon_Lord_Sachiko so I'll be doing that in the author's note at the end!]

Natsu Dragneel

The aroma of fresh books was oddly satisfying, but seeing Lucy Heartfilia getting so excited over them was even more satisfying. I had always thought of her as beautiful, but the beauty of the huge bright smile that appeared on her face when she pulled a book from one of the shelves is something I can never forget now.

Taking a seat in one of the comfy chairs, I watched her continue to pick out whatever books interested her before her deep brown eyes met mine. For some reason, my chest started to feel fluffy and warm after that as she went to go sit down in a chair across from me.

I wasn't feeling this way earlier..

''Alright, so continue.'' Lucy requested as she began to flip through the pages of one of the books she picked.

''Uh.. continue what?'' I asked, confused.

''What we were talking about earlier. You and Gray.'' She reminded thoughtfully, her eyes focused on the written work in her hands.

''Oh,'' I answered in realization. I forgot what we had came here for after being mesmerized by her. Sitting up, I looked at her while rubbing my hands together. ''There's not much left to explain.''

''If you say so, but what do you want to do now?'' She questioned.

''Make up with him. Tell him my side of the story, try to get him to understand,'' Unlike earlier, the words were flowing out now. ''I wanna be honest with him this time. I wanna make things right between us.''

''So, no more avoiding him?'' Lucy clarified, glancing up at me. 

''No more avoiding him. I want to make this right as quickly as possible.''

Lucy smiled gently, continuing to flip another page. ''Then go do that.''

Anxiety suddenly begin to fill up inside me. ''Right now?'' I asked fearfully.

''Well, how else would you fix this right away?''

I rubbed my arm nervously. ''I don't know how I'm supposed to do this..''

''You have a resolve. Just take the risk and go in,'' Lucy encouraged. ''If you're strong enough to decide that, then you're strong enough to do it.''

My eyes widened slightly in shock at her words. Opening up to others is tough, but for some reason it's becoming a bit more easy after having this chat with her. It's like as if she knew exactly what to say.

''You're right. I've just been being stupid and I know it, but I haven't done anything about it like I want to.'' I stood up, gazing over at her. ''I'm going to go find him right now and talk to him.''

''Good luck.'' Lucy wished.

I nodded. There was still a part of me that's scared of what could happen, but I did my best to shrug it off. ''Thank you, Lucy. I still promise to bother you as much as I can after this!''

''It's a promise now?'' She laughed softly, closing the book.

I laughed as well. ''Of course it is. I thought I was going to ignore him for way longer, but you definitely gave me a nice push and kept me company. Thank you, Luce.''