Chapter 19

Levy McGarden

I smoothed my uniform with my hands, giving myself once last look in the mirror before stepping out of my dorm's bathroom.

After taking my fixed glasses out of it's case and carefully putting on, I grabbed what I needed for class as I made my bed.

Pulling my bag lightly onto my shoulder, I glanced over at my roommate's bed who was no longer here.

It's almost February. I hope she's okay. I'm not even sure if she's coming back.

Despite her being absent, I decided to make her bed as well before heading out of the dormitory. As I strolled down the stairs, I saw Lucy making her way to the exit as well to leave.

It's her. Say hi!

''U-Uh.. hey, Lucy!'' I raised my voice, waving.

Lucy smiled slightly, waving back. She slowly sauntered over to me.

Wait, she's coming over here?

I began to mentally panic as she came up beside me and we naturally started to walk together to class. ''Good morning.'' She greeted politely.

''Good morning. I-I didn't expect you to come over here.'' I admitted, nervously grabbing the strap of my bag.

''Well..'' Lucy started, gazing ahead. ''There's no reason for us to not walk to class together.''

Not having a response, I averted my eyes away from her and turned my attention towards my feet. Say something, damnit! You've been talking to her for this long, at this point you're friends.

''True.. so.. uh.. wanna go get breakfast first?'' I suddenly suggested, still not looking at her.

''Sure thing. By the way, I finished the novel you lent me a while back.'' Lucy stated, pulling the book out of her bag and handing it to me.

''Oh, thanks.'' I took the novel and placed it back into my bag. ''Did y-you like it?''

''Of course. It was amazing. Although romance isn't particularly my taste, the character development made up for it.'' We strolled into the cafeteria, seeing the busy lines and crowded tables.

''I'm glad. It's one of my favorite novels. You should read the one I have back in my dorm, it's called-'' I stopped rambling when someone bumped into me roughly, making my glasses fall off my face.

Seriously? Again?

This is so embarrassing.

I bent down, not bothering to look up to see who bumped into me and instead searched the floor for my glasses with my hands.

''Are you okay?'' Lucy asked, bending down as well and grabbing my glasses for me. She handed them to me gently. ''There's a lot of people here, so try to watch your step, alright?''

''It's hypocritical of you to advise others to watch their step, Heartfilia. Especially considering that you fell on your fat ass in front of everyone in gym class before.'' A voice spoke.

Lucy's head shot up to glare at this person. Taking my glasses from her and putting them back on, I also gazed up to see who it was with now clear vision.

It was the same guy from before that tripped her. He's apparently the student council president. What is his problem?

Lucy stood up, her whole body tensing up as she glared at him. ''I was hoping I wouldn't have to see you again.''