Chapter 24

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT AHEAD. ;)

Chapter 24 - ''Mistakes''

Lucy Heartfilia

I sat down next to Levy on the bleachers as I watched my classmates run around the whole gym five times at the order of our coach.

My eyes followed Natsu, he was dashing as fast as he could with dribbles of sweat on his forehead.

''Lulu you should really this new romance novel that came out called Loss in your perfection. I pre-ordered it and it's so cute!'' Levy squealed in excitement.

''You're really trying to get me into romance, aren't you.'' I laughed.

''Well yeah! You got me into nonfiction books so I at least have to get you into romance books.'' Levy giggled.

''I'll read it once you're done with it.''

''Deal!'' Levy then pulled out her phone, seeming to be answering her text messages.

These past few weeks have been surprising. I definitely didn't expect to get into another relationship. But Natsu is very sweet. That doesn't mean I don't still have my insecure thoughts and keep my guard up.

The coach blew his whistle. ''Alright, sit down! Catch your breath before we head outside to play some soccer.''

Natsu walked over to the bleachers while wiping his sweat off with his shirt. ''Coach, it's freaking cold outside!'' He complained as he sat down next to me.

''Suck it up, it's almost March kid. Spring time will be here soon.'' The coach continued to write on his clipboard.

''Fucking old asshole..'' Natsu cursed under his breath before looking at me with a smile. ''You'll have to keep me warm, Luce.''

''Oh, what a joy.'' I giggled.

''You know Luce, we should go somewhere this weekend. Just you and me. How about it?'' He asked, his raven eyes were on me as he waited for an answer.

''Sure. Where would we even go though?'' 

''Outside. Just take a walk around town. See what's up around here. We can eat at a restaurant, whatever you wanna do.'' Natsu said with a smile.

''That sounds good, Natsu. Saturday? We have no classes that day.'' I suggested.

''Saturday it is.'' The coach then blew his whistle again, ordering everyone to start heading outside. Natsu bent down to give me a peck on the lips before following everyone out of the to the field.

Because of my condition, I've been excused from all physical activities. Levy sometimes get out as well because she has a weak frail body, but unfortunately she couldn't escape playing soccer outside. Natsu doesn't ask me about it even though he's always curious as to why I never participate but the excuse I used this time is that I'm on my period.

He definitely shut up once I said that.

Although his reactions are sometime funny to the silly excuses I would make, someday I do have to tell him. I'm dying.. there's no doubt about that.

He has a right to know as my boyfriend now. But I'm scared.. what if he leaves? He wouldn't want to date a dying girl. It's understandable, I wouldn't want to date someone in my condition either.

I want to be selfish just this one time. I really like Natsu. He's such a nice and funny guy. I can tell he's strong as well, both physically and mentally. I can't though. It isn't right to hide this from him.