Chapter 2

Gray Fullbuster

I followed Natsu to the front office with my hands in my pockets. He was in front of me, hiding whatever face he was making.

''Hey, gay pants.'' Natsu called, continuing to walk. ''What do you think about this whole thing?''

I sighed, closing my eyes. ''Nothing. Just going with the flow. And quit calling me that, bastard.''

Natsu didn't respond, he just steadily kept walking to our destination.

I really wonder.. how did Natsu handle the situation with Lisanna? Ever since she died years ago, he's morphed into a completely different person. He stopped trying to live up to his play boy title. Everything just.. ceased.

The thing about Natsu is that he's always trying to keep other people happy. But his way of thinking back then was just plain wrong.

He's changed though. But what do I know?

Despite me being his best friend, I really don't know anything about him, huh.

We reached the front office, heading inside to see our parents at the front desk. Or, in my case, parent.

My parents divorced when I was little. I've been living with my dad, Silver Fullbuster, ever since then. My mom, Mika, wants nothing to do with us.

I stared at my dad, who was too busy signing the paperwork to notice me. The door then opened, which caused me to glance over curiously.

My eyes met with my childhood friend and crush, Juvia Lockser. She smiled lightly at me, awkwardly closing the door behind her.

''What are you doing here?''

She put a strand of her hair behind her ear. ''Juvia is here to turn in the paperwork for this program Juvia has been chosen for, so Juvia will be transferring soon.''

''The special program? I'm apart of that, too.'' I calmly explained. She clapped her hands together in delight.

''Really? Juvia is happy to hear so. Let Juvia just go turn this in, then.'' The blue haired girl nervously strolled up to the desk with her papers held tightly in her hands.

Natsu was suddenly beside me and he nudged my shoulder. ''Aye, ain't it a good time to confess?'' He suggested teasingly.

I glared at him. ''Shut the fuck up.''

He chuckled, shoving his hands in his pockets. ''They already assigned the roommates. Apparently I'm rooming with some guy named Jello, and you're rooming with.. Gay-jeel?''

I stifled a laugh. ''Dumb ass, you obviously got the names wrong. Let me see.''

Natsu lead me to the desk where a bunch of papers were laid out. He pointed at a specific one on the right, which had the names of the students who are in the program. Right alongside the names were the names of their roommates, and their dorm number.

I looked up and down the paper, searching for my name. Then my eyes landed on it.

Gray Fullbuster - Gajeel Redfox, Dorm 257.

''His name is Gajeel, not Gay-jeel.'' I corrected, chuckling.

Natsu found his name, placing his finger on it. ''Whatever, but look! His name is literally Jello!'' I shook my head, taking a look for myself.

Natsu Dragneel - Jellal Fernandes, Dorm 252.

I face-palmed. ''Okay, his name is obviously not Jello, you dumb fuck. It's Jellal.''

''I'm callin' him Jello, I don't care.'' Natsu stated stubbornly, folding his arms.

''Um,'' Juvia tried to make room for herself to stand in order to look at the paper. ''If you don't mind, Juvia will like to see who her roommate is.''

''No, go ahead.'' I told her awkwardly, getting out of the way. She gave me a smile before picking up the paper.

''I don't understand why you're holding back.'' Natsu shrugged. I glared at him but then sighed. He was right. But.. I just can't admit it. It's not that I don't want to, but at the same time it is.

''Juvia will be rooming with Lucy Heartfilia.'' She announced, setting the paper back down in it's original place.

''I'm rooming with some guy named Gajeel.''

''Jello, that's all I'm gonna say.'' Natsu yawned in his hand.

I chuckled slightly. ''The guy's name is Jellal, don't listen to this idiot.''

Juvia let out a light laugh. ''Will do, Gray.''

''Oy, I'm not an idiot!'' Natsu fired.

''Everyone, please quiet down. I have something to say,'' The principal, Bob, strolled up to us; holding envelopes in his hands.

We became silent, ready to listen to whatever he has to say.

''Tomorrow, you all will officially be leaving. We're providing transportation.''

Natsu slowly raised his hand. The principal nodded at him.

''Hold up, why were we informed about this so late?! If we're going to some place that's far away, shouldn't we be told beforehand instead of now?'' Natsu voiced, anger evident in his tone.

''Mr. Dragneel, everyone who's partaking in this program has been informed beforehand. That's your teacher's fault, I will speak with him.''

Natsu huffed. ''I should kick that old pervert's ass..''

''The boarding school is called Fairy Tail, located in Magnolia Town.''

''That's far..'' I commented.

''Be here early tomorrow morning, a bus will be here to take you all there. Or if you want, you can go there yourself. You're officially students at Fairy Tail. I wish you students the best of luck.'' He wiped a tear from his eye. ''You guys.. do your best.''

My eyes widened slightly at the sight of him crying. ''Ah.. uh.. yeah, we'll do just that. Don't you worry, we'll make you proud, sir.''

''Really? I'm glad to hear that.'' He sniffled. ''Here you three go,'' The principal passed us the envelopes that had our names on it. ''You're all free to leave.''

My dad rested his hand on my shoulder. ''Well, son, you heard the man. Let's head on home.''

''Yeah.'' I responded, peering at both Natsu and Juvia. ''I'll see you guys tomorrow, then.''

''Hell yeah, you will. I'm not getting on that bus without you, got that?'' Natsu laughed. ''Later.'' He strolled away from us, heading towards his parents.

Juvia bit her lip, clenching onto the straps of her book bag tightly. ''Well, Juvia will see you tomorrow.''

''Uh.. yeah, sure.''

''Juvia.. is really glad that you're in this program as well, Gray.'' She admitted. ''Juvia thought that we would have to separate, and it would be hard adjusting to that since we've been friends since we were little. So..'' Tears escaped from her deep blue eyes, flowing down her porcelain skin. ''Juvia.. is happy.. that she won't have to be apart from Gray.''

I stared at her in shock, my mouth opened a bit. ''Uh.. don't cry.'' I hesitantly wiped her tears off her face with my thumb.

Her eyes were on me the whole time and I smiled a little. ''I'm glad, too.''

She gazed down at her feet awkwardly. ''Uh.. Juvia will leave now. Bye, Gray.'' She continued to stare at her feet as she left through the exit.

I turned to see that my dad wasn't behind me anymore but leaning against the wall. ''All done, son?''

''Mhm.'' I answered, passing by my dad as I went on ahead to the car outside.

The reason why I'm holding back instead of confessing to Juvia is.. I'm scared if it'll work out or not. I guess my parents are to blame for that. Since I experienced their whole relationship turn into trash, I only assumed that's how every relationship ends.

I'm too scared to see for myself.