Chapter 29

Chapter 29 - ''Decisions''

Tuesday, March 9

11 days left until graduation..

💕 Gajeel Redfox 💕

I sat with my leg shaking nervously in Mrs. Mavis' office as she pulled my profile up on her computer. My heart was doing flips, the anxiety of the situation was driving me up the wall.

Come on, calm down.

''You're all set on graduating, Mr. Redfox. You have all of your credits. Do you plan on going to college?''

A sense of relief flowed through me upon hearing the news. ''Well.. yeah. I plan on g-going back to my hometown to complete an associates degree.''

''I see,'' She smiled warmly. ''For what?''

''To become a mechanic.''

''You like fixing things?'' She asked casually in attempt to make a conversation as she typed away on her computer.

I nodded slightly. ''I guess so.''

''Well,'' Mrs. Mavis tore her gaze away from the screen and back onto me. ''I wish you the best of luck with that, Gajeel. You did an excellent job in this program. Just keep working hard like you did here and you'll be living your dream soon.''

Her words of encouragement made me smile. It felt good that someone acknowledged my hard work for once, that someone acknowledged me at all.

''Thank you.''

I stood up and exited the room, running into Levy in the hallway. She seemed to be heading into the direction of where I left.

She must be going in next for her clearance check..

''H-Hi, Levy..''

Levy gave me a soft smile. ''Hey Gajeel.. um,'' She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, looking down at the floor. ''Can I.. talk to you? I have something to tell you.''

Something to tell me?

Oh god, I hope it isn't bad.

What if something is wrong with her?

''Oh, sure.. I'll meet you outside in the courtyard.'' I mumbled.

She nodded. ''Okay, thanks.'' Levy then headed inside Mrs. Mavis' office as I went on outside to the courtyard, sitting down on one of the benches.

She seemed nervous.. maybe it is bad news.

A couple minutes later Levy came out and approached me, holding her books tightly against her chest. Her body appeared tense and her lips were quivering.

I stood up from the bench while she closed the big gap between us. ''So.. I've been meaning to ask y-you something..''

''O-Okay..'' Why is she so nervous?! Please, something can't be wrong with her.