Chapter 32

Chapter 32 - "Mark my words"

💢 Gray Fullbuster 💢

I figured since Freed is in the student council I'd find him in the room. Natsu had been filling me in on his plan before when he confronted Sting. He informed me of every single detail, so I knew exactly where the office was.

Coming face to face with the double door, I slowly opened it. The creaking noise alerted them as I stepped inside to see Freed, Lyon, and Sting talking.

Just the man I was looking for.

I shoved my hands in my pockets, briskly walking up to them. "Hey."

"Hey?" Freed greeted, sounding both confused and a little frightened. Lyon stayed silent while Sting glared at me.

"I've been wanting to talk to you." I stopped right in front of Freed, staring him dead in the eye. "In private."

"O-okay.." Freed stuttered, avoiding my gaze as he headed on outside.

He's definitely hiding something.

I followed after him, closing the door behind me. "Look, there's something wrong with Juvia and she won't talk. And seeing as you're her boyfriend, I figured you'd be able to give me some answers."

Come on. You're my only hope. If I don't find out what's wrong with her.. I don't know what I'll do.

"I don't know man, me and her broke up. We don't talk." Freed answered, glancing down at his feet.

They broke up? The fuck?

When did that happen?

"Um.. what? When and why?" I asked curiously.

This makes no sense. They were fine.. Juvia would've told me if they were having problems.

"I don't want to talk about it." Freed responded shortly.

"Why not?"

"Because, it's over. Doesn't matter now." Freed now made eye contact with me, the bitterness he felt towards me evident in his blue orbs.

It doesn't matter?

If it has to do with Juvia, then it does fucking matter.

This asshole is definitely hiding something. What is he so afraid of? What does he have against me?

I stepped closer to him, towering over him in height. My glare hardened on him, showing absolutely no mercy. In a menacing voice, I gave him a warning. "If I find out that you have anything to do with this.. mark my words, I will fuck you up."

His body began to quiver like a leaf as I stepped away from him, still keeping my eyes on him. Then with one swift movement, I turned sharply away and off down the hallway.

Natsu Dragneel ❤️

Laying down on my bed with Lucy in my arms watching a random film we found on Netflix with Happy sleeping next to us was my new definition of heaven.

There a lot of good things in this world, but if I had the name the best; it would be this moment, and Lucy's smile when she's in the library.

The movie finally ended, the credits rolling up. "Wow," I muttered. "The acting was shit."

Lucy cracked up laughing. "Yeah, the main character showed no emotion whatsoever."

"She reminds me of that girl in Twilight."

"We do not talk about Twilight." Lucy joked, sitting up to grab the laptop. As she shut it down I sat up as well.

"So graduation is coming up. What are your plans? You know, after all this." I casually asked, hoping to be included in them.

"I got accepted into my dream college and they're offering me a full-ride scholarship." Lucy shared excitedly, facing me with a big smile on her face.

"That's awesome, Luce! Let me guess, you're going to major in-"

"Literature." She finished, knowing exactly what I was going to say. "What about you?"

I shrugged. "I'm still undecided. I'm leaning towards doing something in the medical field but I don't exactly know if I'm college-bound."

"Well.. maybe take a gap year and use that time to work. It'll give you the time to make money and figure yourself out." She suggested thoughtfully.

God, I love that about her. I love how much she thinks so much about what she says; how she doesn't mindlessly talk, but speaks with care.

I nodded. "I was thinking of doing that."

She leaned in closer to me, planting a soft kiss on my cheek. "Just know that with whatever you decide, I'm going to be by your side the whole time."

I smiled brightly, pulling her into a hug. "And I plan to do the same for you, Lucy."