Chapter 16

[UPDATE: THIS IS NOT A NEW CHAPTER. JUST A RE-UPLOAD. I FELT DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS CHAPTER AND DECIDED TO TAKE IT DOWN TO BE SCRIPTED FULLY AND RE-WRITTEN, BUT MY FINAL CHOICE IS TO LEAVE IT AS IT IS NOW.]

Juvia Lockser

''It's not Juvia's fault that she sucks at cooking.'' I pouted at Freed, sitting across from him.

''Yes, yes. But it's just hilarious how you suck at cooking but you're amazing at baking. It doesn't make any sense.'' He chuckled lightly, covering his mouth with his hand.

Lyon arrived at the scene, setting his bag down onto the desk next to Freed and slipping into the seat beside him. ''I don't mean to interrupt your love fest, but mermaid needs to get to her class soon.''

My chest fluttered in embarrassment as I nervously glanced at Freed from the corner of my eye to see his reaction.

It didn't take long for me to become friends with these two. When we hung out yesterday, I had so much fun that I felt like I was soaring the sky. They're very great people.

Everything feels like a dream when I'm around Freed. Having feelings for someone is such a magical thing. It does wonders.

''Keep your mouth shut, Lyon.'' Freed responded, seeming embarrassed.

I smiled slightly at his reaction. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but it still somehow managed to make my heart flutter and fill me with this emotion of ease.

However, my attention slowly peeled away from the two onto these two females in the class who were passionately making out with each other in front of everyone. One of them has mid-back length wavy brown hair, while the other has long straight green hair. I couldn't clearly see their faces, but as soon as my eyes laid upon them, I suddenly felt a spark of inspiration.

''Who are those two?'' I questioned, reverting my attention back to the two in front of me while aiming my finger at the couple who caught my eye.

Freed's gaze followed my finger curiously and eventually landed on them. ''Cana and Bisca?'' He asked, looking back at me.

I nodded, assuming that those were their names. They sure have some guts. I could never do that, especially since this is a society where people who don't identify as heterosexual get shamed for it.

''They're the ''lesbo'' couple of the class, I guess you could say. Even though only one of them is actually lesbian. They've been together since October.'' Freed explained.

''They aren't afraid to show that they're together?'' I inquired.

Freed shook his head. ''Nope, not at all. I mean, there are some assholes in this class who say something every now and then, but they completely shut them down.'' He paused for a moment before continuing. ''They're pretty brave.''

''Juvia completely agrees,'' I took a glance at them and saw that they had pulled away from each other. ''You see, Juvia is actually bisexual.'' I admitted, gazing away nervously at my lap. ''So she finds it amazing how they don't care about what others think of them.''

''Really?'' Freed asked in disbelief then gave me a small smile. ''I never would've guessed. That's cool.''

I mentally sighed in relief to myself at his chill reaction which boosted my confidence. He really is a nice guy.

Lyon suddenly placed his hand down on his desk, staring directly at me which made me slightly uncomfortable. He opened his mouth for a second as if he was going to ask me a question, then closed it before parting it again. ''You should head to class now, mermaid. The bell is about to ring.''