Chapter 25

Chapter 25 - ''The Beginning of the End''

Levy McGarden

''I can't believe we're graduating next month.'' I stated in both disbelief and excitement.

''I know, it feels like just yesterday we came here.'' Gajeel commented.

''We did come here like two months ago..'' 

''Still, you know what I mean.'' He chuckled.

Now nearing the end of February with March right around the corner, everything that's happened upon arriving here at Fairy Tail has been memorable. And soon we're about to make even more memorable moments when we graduate on March 21st. Ms. Strauss announced it this morning.

I thought that nothing good would happen here, but I'm so glad that I was wrong. Here, I've made many friends and figured out a lot about myself. I've pushed myself to improve on my anxiety. I kept pushing and pushing, and now..

I think I'm content with who I am.

Hell, I think I like who I am now.

And honestly, none of it would've been possible if it wasn't for this irreplaceable friend of mine, one out of the two people who has stuck with me for years.

With that thought I glanced over at Gajeel and smiled. We were both currently sitting next to each other outside eating lunch. The others were inside in the cafeteria. We joined them earlier but eventually decided to head out here to hang out, just the two of us.

''W-What?'' Gajeel asked, noticing my expression.

I couldn't help but giggle. He looks like such a rough and tough guy, but the truth is he's really shy like me. It's one of the things we have in common; being quiet and shy.

''I was just thinking how special you are to me.'' 

He bit his lip, a tint of red appearing on his cheeks. Is he blushing? ''You're special to me too, Levy.''

My mind was too fixated on the fact that he blushed to even notice that my heart skipped a beat. 

Ever since me and Gajeel started hanging out, I've become aware that he blushes around me. And a lot. He stutters, pauses, thinks carefully of what to say next.. he studies my actions like I do his. 

I don't know if I'm just being skeptical but.. isn't that what someone does when they're infatuated with another person?

His behavior is similar to Lulu's when she's around Natsu.

Lucy..

That's right. Even if Gajeel does like me, I wouldn't be able to return his feelings because I like Lucy. I shouldn't overthink this. It's probably nothing.

At least I think I like Lucy..

I don't know. My whole attraction to her has been super confusing. I came to terms with the fact that I might be bi-curious, so I thought that maybe I have a crush on her.. but she's with Natsu.

If you like someone but they're in a relationship with someone else, shouldn't that bother you? Shouldn't that make you sad, angry, or jealous?

Then why don't I feel that way?

I don't feel even a bit of jealousy towards Natsu. He's my friend, and Lucy has become my best friend. 

And I don't think I would have it any other way. But that doesn't make sense. It doesn't add up.