Chapter 7

Juvia Lockser

I listened to Ms. Strauss's announcement and felt excited for the Holiday Festival due to her enthusiasm. 

''Alright, let's pick who will be the class president!'' She squealed, putting her hands together in excitement. I'll put all of your names in a hat, and I'll pick someone to pick out of the hat!'' Ms. Strauss then went straight to work, cutting up small pieces of paper and writing our names on them.

She picked up a hat off of her desk and threw the papers inside the hat as if they were confetti. ''Okay, the one who will pick will be.. you, Juvia!'' Ms. Strauss pointed at me. I looked at her in shock then smiled, standing up from my seat and walking over.

Ms. Strauss pushed the hat towards me and I peered away as I stuck my hand in the hat, feeling a bunch of pieces of paper. My fingertips caught one and I pulled my hand out, turning my head to read the name.

''Jellal Fernandes.'' I read out loud. There was small congratulations being thrown at him as he stood up and strolled to the front. Ms. Strauss threw the papers out of the hat into the trash and she grabbed Jellal's arm, putting it up into the air. ''From now on, Jellal will be serving as your class president!''

Ms. Strauss turned to look at me. ''And Juvia, you will his assistant, alright? Both of you can go take your seats now.'' She smiled.

Me and Jellal nodded and went back to our seats, sitting down. I could feel a piercing glare from behind me, and I didn't dare to turn around. I shifted uncomfortably in my chair.

''Now, as I was saying. Since Jellal is now our class president, and Juvia is his assistant, they will be helping around to make this Holiday Festival a wonderful experience for you all. But of course, I will be helping them as well since you all are new!'' She pointed out then giggled. ''It's in a week, I'm sure you've guys have seen that they're setting up.'' 

Not really..

''Alright, we'll talk more about that later, for now I'll be passing out flyers for the event and maps of the school, along with additional information!''

Ms. Strauss went around the room and passed out the papers. I picked the map up and gazed over it before reading the flyer, which looked amazing.

''So for the following week you all won't be having to do any work! Think of this as your entrance party!'' Ms. Strauss lifted her finger into the air and smiled brightly with her eyes closed.

I forgot that it was Christmas. Ms. Strauss's enthusiam is definitely getting me into the Holiday spirit.

''But since I still have to give you all lessons, and you're new here, I'll be giving everyone a tour! Except Jellal and Juvia, who will be heading to the student council room where you both will start decorating with the other class presidents and assistants.''

Yay! I really do need a tour though..

''Don't worry you two, you will be given a tour by your fellow students.'' Ms. Strauss smiled. ''Up, everyone!''

All of the students stood up from their chairs and followed Ms. Strauss out of the room. I looked over at Jellal and he nodded to me. We both walked out of the room and glanced around with confused expressions on our faces.