XLVIII | Annabeth x Reader

I give you the one and the only, famous architect of Olympus and daughter of the wonderful Lady Athena, Annabeth Chase.

Imagine: Reading with Annabeth

Key: Y/BF/N = your best friend's name

You stretched out on the bed, lying on your belly, once again reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. You had just returned from a quest with Y/BF/N and your sister, and the most important thing for you to do was reread the best book in existence.

After a while (like 5 minutes) you began to find the reading position uncomfortable and repositioned yourself so that you were reclined against the mound of pillows on your bunk.

You felt the mattress dip as someone sat next to you. Without looking, you could tell that it was your girlfriend, Annabeth. Maybe it was the smell of her citrus shampoo or the telltale flash of blond her, but more likely it was the aura of comfort and safety she radiated thay let you know it was her.

Annabeth settled next to you and laid her head on your shoulder. With a smile, you leaned your head on top of hers and kept reading. Annabeth had had a tough couple of weeks while she was on her own quest, and her silence and not initiating the conversation let you know she didn't really want to talk today.

You read in silence, listening to the soft sounds of Annabeth's breathing. It was so rare to get these moments of peace in the dangerous world they lived in that you treasured it.

You went to flip the page, but suddenly felt Annabeth's hands close around your wrist. You looked at her with an eyebrow raised, wondering what was wrong.

"I'm not done with that page yet," she said, not taking her eyes off the page.

You laughed a little and shifted her hand so that you held it. You weaved your hands together so that your fingers were interlocked.

You watched her face as she read through the sentences. The way her eyebrows moved or the way she subconsciously mouthed the words as she went along. She was exquisite.

"I'm done now," she said after a while, reaching to flip the page.

You used your other hand to stop hers.

"What is it?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows at you adorably.

You looked into her eyes. "You're beautiful, you know that?" You asked, lightly holding her hands.

You watched as her cheeks turned pink and she replied, "Well, you don't look too bad yourself."

You grinned, then leaned down to kiss her. Hands threaded through hair and skin met skin as your lips touched.

Fiery, just like Annabeth. You smiled into the kiss and ran a thumb across her cheek. You felt her hand tug lightly at your hair.

Just as you were running out of air, you heard a shout.

"Gods, sis/bro, get a room!" Your sister yelled.

You broke apart from Annabeth and pointed across the cabin at one of your siblings making out with his boyfriend.

"What about them?" You asked.

"My bunk is next to yours, you affect me more," she replied.

You grinned at Annabeth as if to say, "Sister." She smiled back and your sister exploded.

"I'm serious, get a room!" She yelled.

Annabeth smirked. "Okay," she replied, pulling you off the bed and leading you out of the cabin.

This is short and probably sucked but the idea sounded good at first. Hope you enjoyed!